I really really really wanted to see Oxford while we were there, it was actually rally close to where we were staying. We took a bus in because the traffic in is horrible.
My Uncle did go with us but didn't last very long because we looked like tourists!! Haha!
Oh look, a gross red phone booth...I couldn't go inside the smell was awful.
A very good 'tourist' shop in Oxford...loved it! I got Alyssa's hat here...maybe that will help her to think about going to school in Oxford??
Most of the campuses were closed...but the buildings were so neat just to look at.
Taking pics...
I just have something for the doors in England, they are so different from America. Plus anything in Oxford is really old, ugh...love it.
This bike has flowers in it...so pretty.
Which way are we going then?? High Street.
I literally thought I would see Harry Potter and his school mates walk out of here...they probably did I just missed seeing them.
I just love the buildings too.
I saw this little pink building and thought right away of McKindree!!
Lots of bikes...definitely cheaper than gas, or petroul as they call it.
Radcliff Square was really neat...I think it's a library now. You had to have a pass to get in, darn it.
Imagine going to school there...how different.
We went into this old church...
The stained glass is beautiful!
We each lighted a candle...one for Harv in Heaven and one for Mia to be healed.
Time for some tea!! This place is right in the church...it's beautiful so we sat outside.
Lots of pretty flowers everywhere...
Let's have a spot of tea Duckie!!
Tea and scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam...yes please!
I would never get tired of that! We caught the bus back to Dinton...where myUncle picked us up in time for a lovely pub dinner.
We went back to the Old Fisher Man Pub for some Fish N Fizz.
Yes, it was as good as it looks!!! Fish in England is the best, maybe Seattle too.

























1 comment:
Those fish and chips looked amazing. Great blog and a great family. I just became a father for the first time in March and can truly feel what the essence of family means. To me it gives my life a lot more meaning and helps puts life's priorities into perspective. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment