Walking for Hope...





Bright and early this morning...we arrived in Scottsdale at DC Ranch to participate in the first ever 5K HopeWalk! Mia is our HopeKid and I am so proud of all her sisters for getting up so early to walk for hope.

















GO TEAM MIA MINIE MOE!

Look who else was there!!! - Ethan's family the Farabee's (our neighbors), tons of teachers from Fulton Elementary, my bootcamp friend Terri, Mike & Brandy from our small group, and Mia's 2 fabulous nurses! - Which, hello, I didn't get a picture of!

Here is the Fulton Fire Crew...Miss P. on the left - The BEST PE teacher EVER in the world, Mia's 1st grade teacher Mrs. Ferber, Mrs. Conti - who brought Mia's 6th grade buddy along from her class, Mia's Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Titchenal, Mia holding a sign saying Thank You Fulton Elementary, Mrs. Foster Alyssa's 3rd grade teacher, and Mia's buddy in 6th grade Kennedy. This team raised $250.00!! Way to go!

More kids that go to Fulton and the teachers...seriously, what teachers give up a Sunday morning to walk for some of their students?!?! Only the BEST!



My bootcamp friend Terri Smith joined us for this special day...we love you Terri!



Getting ready to walk...

Raise your hand if you are a HopeKid?! - 3 teams won for best team name...Yea for Team Mia Minie Moe - thanks to Miss P. for giving Mia that nickname, we won!

HOPEWALK

Mia hitched a ride with Ethan's dad and sister Brooke...



Ashley & Alyssa were the first to finish the walk...I guess having a ripstick and a razor scooter helped.





Way to walk for hope Mia...even though you were really hot and tired, you did it!



Sometimes there are no words to describe something, well, that's how Madison was this morning. It was hot out, I'll give her that, but...oh my. We all got split up, Mia was some where with the Farabee's, Matt has helping with the detour, and I wanted to find Mia. Mrs. Foster was kind enough to push the stroller with Madison in it for us, and Maddy wasn't happy about it. I can only imagine...that's all I have to say. So when we finally finished the walk this is how I found her.




The first finishers were waiting in the shade when we rolled in...



Have I told you how much I love MissP?! - Well, we ALL do. She's the one who gave Mia the nickname Mia Minie Moe...thanks Miss P!



Mike and Brandy walked with us representing our bible study group...thanks guys!



And a special Thank You to all the people who donated money for this HopeKid Walk...we raised $1,050 for HopeKids!


AND thank you to all the annonomous donors as well!


Thank you to everyone who donated money in honor of Mia for this special day, and thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers...Go Mia Minie Moe!

4 comments:

The Finder's Keepers said...

What an awesome post, Kristi! Happy Birthday to Mia, and Congratulations on a fabulous experience this morning. The picture of her at the end of the blog is wonderful and shows her off as the special kiddo that she is! I'm so happy that it went well.

The Wilde Family said...

Yeah Team Mia Minnie Moe!! I love the name too. It definitely represents us tiny Moe's, hee hee!! What a great turn out from all your friends Kristi & what a blessing to raise so much money. So glad the Team won & I feel your pain about little Maddy. It must be the 2/3 yr old thing. You just never know with the toddlers.

The Guyser Family said...

Yea for Hopekids and Team Mia Minie Moe, what a cute name! How special to have so many caring people donating and walking in honor of Mia.

Tracy said...

What a great time you all look like you had, especailly Miss Mia Minie Moe! Congrats to you and your team for a wonderful effort and job in raising money and awareness! Thanks always for sharing!