Mia's 46th blood transfusion


Mia had her 46th transfusion today. Tomorrow is her last day of Kindergarten, so we wanted to make sure she felt great for her fun 'water' day. She feels much better now...
Mia picked out a barbie today that she named, 'Ashley' and brushed her hair for just about the whole 7 hours or so we were there.

Dad brought Madison around 8:30 ish, and I was mentally preparing myself for her arrival. This was going to be a long day...if you know what I mean. To my utter surprise, she was SO good, beyond good even. Thanks to Mia's nintendo DS & her ninten'dogs' game. She sat in that chair pretty much the whole time and played that.
Of course the gum helped...she chomped on it all day. I could hardly get her to eat any lunch.
An occasional movie she would watch while not playing the DS. It was a very technological day today.
Mia did have a special request, that the music lady would come up so they could sing. Oh this was so cute! She played all the different instruments and sang songs. It was fun just watching her.

Music therapy...it was a good day.

4 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

What sweet girls that you have! I'm glad that the day went as well as it possibly could have for you. What a wonderful service the music lady is providing. Hope Mia has a terrific last day of Kinder tomorrow!

The Wilde Family said...

Praise the Lord that Mia is such a trooper and will be done with Kindergarten! Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday well almost 5 years this July, she was only 1 at my wedding. I miss you guys tons and love hearing about the girls and everything that is going on. Glad Madison was good for you. Those toddlers can be a handful, ha!

Love ya,
Christina

The Parsons' blog said...

I'm glad the day went well. I love that Madison loves to chomp on gum, I can totally picture that. Glad she was good for her mama :). Mia is so sweet. I too hope she has a great last day of school. As much as I can't stand the fact that Kindergarten is coming to an end, I look forward to Stella being done too. I'm ready for a break.

Oh and we've been having a major heat wave here - like 85 degrees! Which is hot for f.h.!! Love it.

Hegarty Family said...

Glad that all went well! Yay for water days. : ) I giggled about you mentaly preparing for Madison's arrival. He, he.