6th grade graduation & water day


We were so proud of Ashley last night at her 6th grade graduation. The awards she earned were: the P.E. award, the Library award, graduation certificate, principal's list, and the golden Presidental award. Whew, it was a long ceremony.
After they each got their graduation award...they had to say something or give advice to upcoming 6th graders.

'One bit of advice that I would give to an upcoming 6th grader is: that you should be a leader not a follower.'

All the girls, ok and Brandon too.

Ashley and Mr Cagle - thanks for a GREAT year! ( 2 years!)
____________________________________________________

Water Day

Mia had a fun time rotating to all the stations...
This was so fun...they sure got wet at this station. All the parents were getting the kids soaked with a foam gun.
Ashley got nailed!!! I made sure to get her good too...

They were bouncing water balloons...and then they would burst.
I had a blogger nightmare, I lost my camera for about an hour. Another parent picked it up and held onto it for a while then turned it into the office. Oh I was in a panic...all Icould think about was: nooooo! I need it for the blog!!!! - So I picked it up and kept it in my purse...so I didn't get any water pic's of Alyssa...bummer! But I did get a picture of her saying good-bye to her teacher...it was a fun last day of school. I am officially sunburned on my shoulders...and all the teachers loved their books, they all cried. It was a good day.

4 comments:

Hegarty Family said...

Yeah Ashley! Welcome summer. Enjoy the first official day! : )

The Parsons' blog said...

Congratulations to Ashley on a job well done. I appreciate her words of advice - be a leader not a follower. I pray for that same wisdom for my kids.

We need a water day here. Whew, it's been hot. I'm not sure how you make it over there in all that heat!?! It was in the 90's yesterday.

The Guyser Family said...

Congratulations Ashley! That water day looks like so much fun, what a great way to end the school year.

The Wilde Family said...

Wow Ashley is going to be a 7th grader, how exciting!! She has your stance BTW, too cute. Love the water foam thing, looks like tons of fun and I'm sure it was a blast in HOT weather. Have a great summer with the girls & so glad you got your camera back.