What I've been creating...


I have been so busy making these books for the teachers...I haven't had any extra time to blog. So I thought I'd blog about these books which have become a yearly thing. (Sorry honey!) I whip up the pages in publisher, oh how I love publisher, it's the best! I take all the kids picture, by themselves, oval it out and put it on the page where they can write something nice to & about their teachers. I put in random pic's through out the year, so it's like a keepsake for them. Doing each and every kid takes a lot of work though, especially if they were gone that day, or if they would forget to turn their papers into me, all with out the teachers seeing. When I have all the books put together, I just run it up to office max and get it bound...it makes it look so nice.

Here is what Ashley wrote to her teacher that she has had for 2 years...if you click on it you can see it better.


For the younger classes, I have them do an art work page...they really like doing that and being creative. Plus all the drawings are just so darn cute! Alyssa is very crafty, so she helped decorate all the pages with school stickers. Thanks Alyssa for helping me!


I really should have had some help with the Kindergarten class...that was hilarious! They needed help spelling everything, even if I put it on the board for them to copy...oh it was so funny. I'm suprised I have hair left and I didn't pull it all out. I was so exhausted after that...but the finished product is precious. Mia keeps asking, can I give her the book yet?! - No, not until the last day of school...which is Wednesday. I hope the teachers like it as much as I had fun making it. It's so fun to just create...

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Well no wonder you've been so quiet! Wow, that is a ton of work but I bet those teachers LOVE the books! Great idea and great work pulling those off.

The Guyser Family said...

What a sweet gift to the teachers! I bet they love and treasure them through the years. :) I always loved the homemade gifts that would bring back memories of the year. Those teachers are sure lucky to have you as a parent!

The McPoland Family said...

thanks guys!!!