Bangs 'N' Braces

Last Friday Ashley decided she really wanted to get bangs. Really? I asked, as I am not a fan of bangs. Especially from my childhood days of when I had them, and they went straight across my forehead. I started growing them out in 6th grade...and have never had them since! So as you can see, I am not a 'bangs' kind of girl.
Before

After

You can't really tell...but here is a different picture.
Of course I had to put this in of Mia...
____________________________________________________
Here we are at the Ortho today...getting braces. Wow, where has the time gone?? What will be next? Hold that thought, I don't even want to think about it.
Before

Here we go...no turning back now. They'll be off in about 2 years.

Dr. Van was so great...and the light they use to dry the glue was really cool.

After

Bangs AND braces...wow!!!

Here is Ashley resting...she's thankful that is over with but she did great. It's a right of passage to becoming a teenager. Oh no, another grey hair for me! At least I have 1 year and 2 months before she truly is a teen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, just from your past blog pictures, she is becoming quite a young lady. She looks beautiful, Kristi. Teenage years are just around the corner, and to think, you get to experience those years with 3 other ladies.

The Parsons' blog said...

Bangs rock! At least, I think so. ;) She looks super cute, with the bangs and braces! I shudder to think my day is coming when Stella will need braces. It goes by way too fast.

The Wilde Family said...

Oh my Gosh tell Ashley she is such a beautiful girl! I got braces in Middle school and got them off right before freshman homecoming. I think I should have waited, oh well...But anyways, back to Ashley. I love the bangs and she looks super cute with braces too. Now it's over coming the lisp when talking or is that when you have a retainer?
And I agree with Sara, bangs rock!

The Guyser Family said...

Wow, bangs and braces, she looks so cute and so grown up!!!