
This is Ethan Farabee...our neighbor who lives across the street and down about 8 houses or so. Mia & Ethan were in the same 'Kindersteps' class last year...but are in different Kindergarten classes this year. A few weeks ago, Ethan was diagnosed with leukemia...it all happened so fast, and when I first heard about it, I couldn't believe it. Especially since it hits close to home...literally.
Who did we bump into today at Mia's doctor appointment?! Ethan...they were leaving as we were coming in. What a super small world. When Mia was being extra brave getting her poke for the type & cross for, she decided she wanted to pick out a toy for Ethan, a hot wheels car...she said, 'mom, it has to be for a boy.' After we got home she wanted to give it to him right away, so we walked over to his house. Mia played with his sister Brooke the whole time but it was the thought that counts. Please join us in prayer for Ethan, that he would be healed, and that he can get back to school and do whatever it is that boys do...we are lacking in the boy department at our house!
2 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Ethan. Our thoughts and prayers will definitely be with him and his family for a quick healing and recovery. How sweet that Mia wanted to give him a toy too. I am sure she will be forever sensitive and helpful to sick children, what a wonderful gift to others.
Thanks for sharing about Ethan, he looks like such a sweet and healthy boy. I will be praying for him, and his families strength in this tough time. Mia is a good friend and really loves to help others too. God has really given her a gift to loving others.
Post a Comment