
With a house full of 6 people...we always have a huge grocery bill. Matt & I decide to see how much we could save by clipping coupons and matching them to the ads. I think we did pretty good, now I know some of you (Christina!) could have done better...we were laughing putting this picture up, because we thought...we're amateurs at this! So the total before using coupons and the vip savings card from Fry's...was $276.11. The total we saved using all coupons and the vip card was...$180.16. So we only spent $95.95 - which our budget is $100.00 every week for groceries. Not too shabby! Thanks Christina, I think we are hooked now! Some free items include the sponges, toothpaste, and a lot of things were .50 cents. I kept appoligizing to the lady behind us in line, and she thought it was great...she said it inspired her to go home and clip some coupons!
3 comments:
Kristi & Matt I am so Impressed and so excited to see your SAVINGS!! You know how much I love clipping coupons. My sister-in-law Erika and I have been posting our good deals on my savings blog this past week. Can u say addicting?! Girl keep it coming. It will only get better from here. I started in January, so once u get a good stockpile of coupons u will notice every 4 weeks that those items will go on sale. W2G!!
BTW, Walgreens has their Diapers on sale $8.99 B1G1F. Get the Walgreens RX Savings booklet from the Pharmacy and u will save an additional $2. So $6.99 for two Jumbo packs!! Sorry about the long comment.
Christina
Christina...you are SO good!!! I'll have to do that, Madison is flying thru the diapers! It's so fun to see how much you can save...
Seriously if I lived in the real world...oh, I mean the 'main-land' I would SO do the coupons. That is amazing how much you saved. You and Christina...sheeessh, it's so great! Spending money on food is not my favorite. This month I'm trying a new thing, spending my 'food' budget with cash only - no debit/credit. I might rethink what I buy at the store. I'm hoping to reign in the spending...we'll see.
Post a Comment