Mia's Haircut!



Mom & Dad took Mia to finally get her hair cut which was long over due...we went to Snip-its!

Here is the before photo of Mia's beautiful curls...I had to get one last shot. I know what you are thinking...'how can you cut her hair - don't do it! ' Well, that's exactly why I took this picture in San Diego...so we can always remember how it used to be.

Time to get the hair all washed up...to blow dry straight to measure 10 inches. We decided instead of trimming it, to go ahead and donate it to Lock of Love...especially since it will help someone who doesn't have any hair at all. We have plenty!

Does this look like torture? I'm not sure if Mia thought washing her hair would hurt - or if she was thinking she was in the hospital...? But once she figured out it didn't hurt, she was fine.


Not so bad after all...even though she's gripping my hand!

Playing a game to keep the mind busy...whoever thought of that is so smart!


'Trying' to blowdry it straight...

That is some long hair Miss Mia...

The cut...wow...I can't believe we really did it! - But it will grow back.


Short & sweet - just like Mia herself.



Reasons why I cut Mia's hair:

-It was too long
-She cired in the morning when I 'tried' to brush it
-She cried at night when I brushed it after I washed it
-Too hard to do
-Was looking a little ragged
-Hadn't been cut in over 3 years
-Wanted to donate it like all the other girls in the family
-Oh yeah, it'll grow back


Thankfully, she got to pick out a prize!

Very cute Mia...I love it! But most of all I love you!

4 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

OK, her hair was beautiful hair, gorgeous in fact. But that is the great thing about hair, it grows! And the new hair cut is adorable!!! She looks so cute.

Hegarty Family said...

Looks like you all had a good Thanksgiving. We missed you Friday night. Mia's hair looks so cute! Hope that the mornings are smoother. : ) See you Tuesday.

The Wilde Family said...

What a little sweety!! She looks like Reece Witherspoon in "Sweet Home Alabama." She definitely has your pretty wavy hair. You are training your girls right Kristi!!

Love,
Christina

The Wilde Family said...

BTW, that is one fancy hair-cutting place. Looks like a fun place to take kids.