Locks of Love



My hair before donating it...I have been trying to do this since before our San Diego trip in September! (I haven't had a hair cut in almost 2 years!) I thought I would let it grow out a little longer...but never had the time to do it. Finally, I asked my mom if she would come with me (to babysit and take pictures - thanks mom!) What a treat it was to go to Dolce Salon & Spa, somewhere I'd normally never go and get my hair done. Plus being able to donate it to Locks of Love is so special.

Waiting to go back...had to get one more shot of the hair before it's gone.

Here we go...thanks Maureen!

Two pony tails... ready to be given away.

And the after photo - I was surprised at how much she cut off, but it is still long enough to pull back, which is good. It is short for me though!


This sign was hanging up in the salon, and it would only be true for me if I left my wallet at home!

5 comments:

McDolan said...

I think the new haircut is great! Also you deserved to treat yourself if you hadn't gotten a haircut in 2 years!

The Parsons' blog said...

Love the new cut! And what a great reason to have grown out your hair.

The Wilde Family said...

I'm a total sap but I almost starting crying reading how brave and thoughtful you are to donate your hair. I know your girls do it too. You are a great role-model.
BTW, you look great!!!

Love, Christina

Hegarty Family said...

I love it short! What a great thing to do. Have a great weekend!
P.S. Can you send me that wednesday night chicken receipe? : )

Amy said...

Way to go! Your new do looks great!
And if you're really sharing your Wednesday night chicken recipes, please include me. I'm desperate from some new simple everyday recipes - I'll take any that your're willing to share!
Have a great weekend!!!