I couldn't help Mia with her I.V. start today because of my finger...so she was extra brave and did it 'by herself.' Sometimes it hurts, but that's ok as long as we hold still. Miss Christine did a fabulous job as usual...we love her!
Fancy Nancy
Since my finger was still hurting so badly, Miss Nancy aka Fancy Nancy did my hair for me! Um, do you have any make-up too? How about a massage and a pedicure while you're at it?!
Mia the fashion designer... even in the hospital.
Doing crafts...
The movies of the day included High School Musical 3, Horton Hears a Who, & Superman 2 - Mia said, 'Mom! Dad's on t.v.!' She has always thought that way of her dad.
A special friend...
Little Maddy who also has Diamond Blackfan Anemia like Mia, was there getting a transfusion too! How funny that we were there at the same time. All Mia wanted to do was to go over and play with her...don't forget your I.V. pull!!!
Matching I.V.'s - how cute!
I really like it when Mia gets her actual blood type - A+.
This was something new today...they started Mia on desferral...to help get the extra iron out of the body. It took 4 hours after the 3 hour blood transfusion which made for a long day. But Mia did great! All in all, it was a good day, and if you were wondering where Madison was, she was at my mom's house...thank goodness!
5 comments:
Hi Kristi, It's been fun reading your blog. I should have posted a comment a long time ago. But for what ever reason I haven't. Your family is beautiful "4 girls" you have your hands full. Mia is a tough little girl it is such a blessing to watch,how brave she is. God gives us grace in those times of need. He is a good God. keep up the good work, and happy blogging. Allison
Such a little trooper! She is truly a beautiful little girl!
Thanks you guys, sometimes it's hard to watch, but this is what God has for us...thank gooodness for a daily dose of grace!! - It's neat to see her help others...
That Mia is a fashion icon already. I love her taste and her beautiful wavy blonde hair. Wow, you guys did have a long day. I bet you are an awesome witness to those nurses and doc's.
love you!
Christina
Seriously, Mia is so cute. Her hair, her outfit, the fact that she can endure 7 hours at the hospital...amazing! She doesn't know life any different which will only make her stronger. I loved how she thinks of her dad as Superman! So sweet. I hope the new stuff to get rid of the iron helps!
So how's the finger??? It's been quiet so I'm thinking you still can't type? Come on, just start plucking at the keyboard! :)
Post a Comment