A morning in court


Our day in court...this picture was taken on our way out - thus the smiling faces - if it was before I know I would have looked like a nervous wreck. We went because Mia's secondary insurance Mercy Care contracted through the Arizona Long Term care, decided that she wasn't eligible because her DBA & TS isn't 'severe' enough to be covered under those services any more. There's so much more to it...too much to write. Basically we felt that no, she should qualify, and even if she truly doesn't, then at least we tried and did everything we could otherwise. The judge gave us a continum - we brought so much medical info for them to look at, and the Dr. who reviewed Mia's case (has never seen Mia) wants to see all her medical history since July '08. Well yeah, so much has happened since then...mostly her iron count is SO high -2241- it should be under 1000 - so both Matt & I have to meet with her hema/onoc Dr.'s and think of a course of action on what we are going to do with her. It's all being sifted through God's loving hands.



After that stressful morning, we headed to the Arizona Center and of course I had to get a Starbucks to calm the nerves. We walked around for a little bit and had lunch at Paradise Bakery. Matt & I are just praising the Lord for going before us and guiding us which is exactly what I prayed for last night. That He would guide our steps...

Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you are good, O Lord.

PSALM 25:4-7

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

I had no idea you had to go to court, but I praise the Lord with you that things worked out!

McDolan said...

Kristie, I sure hope you have stock in Starbucks :)... JUst Kidding!
Good luck with all of this court stuff, iron counts, etc. too!

The Wilde Family said...

Kristi & Matt, you both are such strong believers. Keep trusting God in all this, I know it's hard.

We love you guys!
Christina & Ryan