Weight - measurements - BP - Temp - Check!
Then we usually wait for an hour...every time. Mia and Madison know right where the snacks and juice boxes are, they head for them as soon as we get to the room.
Time for a finger poke - it really is easy, right Mia? (Hgb 8.4)
There's a special treasure box for finger pokes...just what we needed, 2 whistle lips.
Since Mia's counts were low, we headed upstairs to POTC so she could be 'typed & crossed' - so the blood is ready for us on Thursday morning, and we don't have to wait around for it. It just means another poke...ouch! But Mia was very brave for this poke...she didn't even cry at all. She got to pick out a toy from Andrea's Closet...a tinkerbell doll.
Since they were both so good, we stopped by Wendy's on the way home for chicken nuggets and french fries...something that Mia will actually eat. The ketchup is always a big hit too! What a busy morning!
_______________________________________________
In the afternoon...I got a phone call from: Arizona Long Term Care - Mia's 2ndary insurance. I gritted my teeth, oh no, it must be something bad about the court hearing. Actually, she called to let me know....that Mia has been accepted to stay on the insurance!!! She will be covered at least until September, when she turns 7. Then she will have to be 're-assessed.' Can you say...PRAISE THE LORD! I know without a doubt that this is a gift from Him...who can do the impossible. Because He did it today! Thank you God for your justice and mercy...


2 comments:
Awesome news Kristi! Praise the Lord indeed. It gave me the goose bumps. Cute pictures of your girls too :)
Since I'm not logged in to facebook and am already logged in to blogger I'm just going to answer your question here (I know, down right lazy :) For the silhouettes, I just cropped the picture prior to printing and then on the printer I chose 5x7 and then printed them and cut. I had to mess around with the cropping to get them about the same (granted Ava's is smaller, but she has a smaller head!) size. Let me know if you have more questions. It really is so easy.
Can you say, "Praise God!"
What great news Kristi & Matt.
I just love how the Lord works in the Storms. Keep up the Good work you both are doing & I will pray for Ms Mia's ear's, poor thing. I had to get tubes too. I hope your
2nd round they stay in.
BTW, she is such a cute young lady these days, so is that Madison :-) Ahh, wissel lips, every mom's favorite gift, lol!
Love,
Christina
Post a Comment