Mia had her 40th blood transfusion today. We got up at 6 am and hit the road, of course stoping by Starbucks is our tradition along the way. We made it to the hospital by 7 am, and got straight to the 'poke' which we took a video of so the cousins could see how brave she is. I whispered a prayer before the poke and she did so great today. She picked a very special Tinkerbell toy called the Kettle Kitchen from Andrea's closet. The only thing that was upsetting is that darn sticky tape at the end when they take off the IV. That really hurt her. The movies we watched today were Night at the Museum, August Rush - I know, that was for me but I have always wanted to see that! And lastly Alvin & the Chipmunks but only half of it...as we got to leave by 1:30 pm. The nurses at POTC are so great, we really appreciate everything they do for our little family. Thank you Miss Denise & Miss Christine!
*HER VIDEO ISN'T UPLOADING AT THIS TIME!*
___________________________________
Mia's Poke Movie -AKA- The bravest girl ever!
Mia's poke...it actually took 2 pokes today, this one happens to be a long one so Mia was extra brave!
2 comments:
Give Ms. Mia a big hug for me... She is a VERY brave girl.. I hate neddles to.. But God is a bigger provider.. Thankfully !
W2G Mia, you are so brave!! Kristi, I want to see those movies. Ava isn't into TV/Movies yet (which I guess is good) but I miss watching those kind of movies too, LOL!
Love,
Christina
Post a Comment