San Diego - Family Vacation


On the road bright and early...Matt & I packed the car at 5:00 am. We got the girls out of bed at 5:30, the poor things. It was a little bit of a rough start, Ashley felt car sick after only half an hour, and everyone was sleeping by 7:30 am. But thank goodness for Elmo DVD's...(thanks Grannie!)

Madison is wondering where we are, and what is that...sand?



Should we go in? - Of course!








Alyssa and Ashley at sunset...

Matt jogging early morning on the beach...

Time for a Starbucks...owe my knee!



A family tradition - Ice cream on the beach when the sun sets.

What kind of ice cream do you want? Decisions, decisions. We have done this for the past three years...same place, same time, at sunset. The girls are so excited to pick out their flavors, and they wait for this every year!





This is one of my favorite pictures of Mia...


Learning to surf...

Practice makes perfect...

OK...I think you're ready.

Oh my gosh...am I really doing this?

You can do it Matt! - Well, keep trying!

Woah...Wipeout!


We loved sitting on the beach together as a family watching the sun go down.

Madison trying to escape...and saying 'hi' to everyone that passed by.


Gotta love pajamas on the beach...






The one thing I really wanted to do the most was see the cross at Point Loma Nazarene University. This is where our church has their annual summer camp - which Ashley will be attending next summer. Needless to say, it was amazing, the view was absolutely gorgeous.
After visiting the university, we went a little farther down to the point and went to Cabrillo National Monument...to look at tide pools, something fun and different.







Breakfast at the Mission - Yum!



The Mission is another family tradition for breakfast. I enjoyed the Papas Locos while Matt had the apple sausage with potatoes. The girls of course wanted their favorite - cinnamon french toast - Mission style! And yes, you guessed it, Mia had her bacon.

The SAND BLASTER!



This is possibly another family tradition...but only for Ashley & Alyssa! Poor Alyssa didn't realize what she was getting herself into...too late once you are strapped in.

8 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

What great pic's of you guys! I love your new family pic for your blog too. Is that the same place you took your last family pic at when you all went to SD? The sandy beach looks so nice. BTW, I love the cross pic of you'all.
Love,
Chris

The Parsons' blog said...

LOVE the pictures. California sounds so fun right about now, I love the beach.

The Wilde Family said...

Glad your posting more pictures. I love the sunset at the beach & how beautiful each one of your girls are. W2G Matt on surfing! Ryan use to do that, and I'm sure he would have some good wipe outs!

Hegarty Family said...

Awesome pics! So glad that you had a great time and you are home safe and sound. Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!

The Parsons' blog said...

Yay! Even more pictures. They are all so great. I agree, the one of Mia with her beautiful curly hair is so pretty. I played b-ball against Point Loma in college and Sean played soccer against them...that was one of our rivals ;) They have a beautiful campus.

The McPoland Family said...

Ok guys...I am severely addicted to this post...I have tons of pic's, at what point do I end??!!?
But seriously...this is like an online scrapbook...so I have to keep putting them on.
I promise I will be done soon!!!
You played there Sara?!?! So did Matt, he played baseball there. Now that is a stadium! It's amazing...I can't believe that place.

The Parsons' blog said...

Yep, Sean and I both played "ball" (sean soccer, me basketball) at The Master's College down in Santa Clarita CA.

The Guyser Family said...

Kristi,
I just went back and looked at all your posts and they are all so cute, but I had to comment on this one. It brought back so many good memories. When I lived in San Diego for college I lived in Mission Beach and Mission Cafe was one of our favorites, I would go there at least once a week with my friends for breakfast. I loved their rosemary potatoes. YUM! Now I'll have to stop there next time I'm in San Diego for sure! It looked like you all had so much fun on this trip.