Mia's Medical Morning


Finger poke...it was easy with dad there. Her last transfusion was Oct. 3rd, and since her hgb was 10.2 today, she won't have to go back until next week. Finally some good news! After that appointment, we hoped on the elevator to the third floor for an x-ray of her collar bone to see if it's healing nicely. - I knew it was since she has been waving her arm around like nothing had ever happened.


See what looks like a ball on her shoulder...that's where the break was, and those are the cells fusing together to heal the break. It will flatten out in about 6-9 months and be 'normal' then. It truly is amazing how the body repairs itself...another testament to how amazing God's creation is.

2 comments:

McDolan said...

Thanks Kristi,
I will enjoy seeing what you are all up to (since you are SOOOO far away!)... I just recently set up a blog too... check it out if you are curious. I think the link is there if you click on my pic... I am really quite new to all this!

Hope all is well.
Merry

The Wilde Family said...

I'm glad that Mia's collar bone is healing. She is such a trooper!! I was thinking about her tonight & Ava and I prayed for her before bedtime.
Love you guys,
Chris