California Adventure Part 5 - Rawhide Ranch!

 
I am still amazed how we even got a chance to have
our girls attend a week of camp at Rawhide Ranch.
God works in mysterious ways, and I can't help but
smile when I think about the whole story of buying
my car. (If you missed that part, click here.)
After my adventurous week of staying with
the Sommer's family, it was time to pick up
Alyssa & Mia from camp. All the campers put on
a show for the parents to give them a glimpse of
what they had learned all week...
 
 
It was easy to spot Mia in the crowd...you just can't
 miss her curly hair and of course the pink hat.
She spotted us right away too...
 
 
 
Here she is showing a goat named Rosemary.
Seriously, how cute is that?! 
 
 
 
She won a ribbon as a finalist. Way to go Mia!

 
It took us forever to find Alyssa. We were looking all over
and Matt spotted her in the arena with a horse.
She was standing tall and proud, with a smile.
Really, is that her??


 My quiet unconfident child was standing so
proud and tall I couldn't believe it. It really did
bring tears to my eyes...because that's not how I left
her there. When we were driving down the
driveway to the camp, she changed her mind and
didn't want to go. So I prayed every night that this
experience would help her in some way.
And it did!! She still talks about going back next year!


 
I'm SO proud of you Alyssa!
She got 2nd place for showing this horse.


After the show was over...they took us on a quick
tour of the camp.


 
They slept in these wagons every night...
 

 
They took care of animals...
Alyssa's job was to feed the horses, while
Mia's job was to clean up the poop.
(Maybe next time she will get to feed the horses?? haha)

 
This is a quiet place to go and think...or pray.

 

 

 

 
They had a great time! It was like pulling a donkey to
get Alyssa to leave...she wanted to stay another week.

 


I thought this was SO cool!
I wrote the girls 2 letters each and mailed them
to the camp. Mia even got a letter from Bella.
The Pony Express (a man on a horse) came through town
each day and delievered the mail to all the kids.
How fun is that?!
 
 

 
 

 
I just want to say a big thank you to Mia's
nurse Miss Christine...for buying her an early
birthday present...her boots!!
She needed them so much, thank you!!

 
Alyssa & Mia want to say a HUGE thank you to:
Mr. Sperry & Val.
 
In Mia's own words:
Thank you so much, it was a really good
camp. I wish it wasn't so hot, but my favorite
part was riding the horses.
 
In Alyssa's own words:
It was great because it was my first summer
camp experience, and it was the best summer
ever. Everyone was so nice, and I made so many
friends. I was never bored, I rode a horse for
the first time ever, and it was awesome.
Thank you so much.
 
In my own words:
Thank you so much for giving our girls this
opportunity. I knew Mia loved horses, and I
thought she would have a good time.
But the affect it had on Alyssa, I could never
say thank you enough! She came home being more
responsible...like getting up and being ready for
the day. That's huge!
We really appreciate your kindness very much.
Thank you SO much!
 
 
 _________________________________________________
 



 
After driving back from Bonsall to Rancho
Santa Margarita we picked up Cameron and went
 to Ashley's soccer game.
This cracks me up...Matt said that he probably
wouldn't drive my car, but secretly,
I know he loves it!

 
Looking good guys!! (In my car :)

 
Go Ashley...# 3!!

 
Ashley hurt her leg..so she didn't play very much,
so the girls and Uncle C watched the ants climb the tree.

 
The girls LOVE Uncle C...Mia still talks about him.
He got each of them a special treat...thank you!
After the game, we headed to Cameron's sisters house
in Lake Forrest...for a big family dinner.

 
We brought a cake to help celebrate all the August
birthday's...yum!

 
It was so nice to finally see where Shirin and Clyde
live. I think our girls would be totally fine
moving in with them. They sure do love California!
Actually, I love California...

No comments: