California Adventures Part 1


It all started when we bought a car the beginning of
June. Not just any car...a 'you only live once' (yolo) car.
With all my girls in school this year, I needed
(ok wanted) a smaller 'get around town car.'
It's a long story...but the shorter version goes like this:


We looked on Craigslist and found this New Beetle. 
We thought it was SUCH a good deal. A young girl was
selling it after she graduated from USC. Matt called
and worked it all out with her dad Rand.
 Matt then flew to California and stayed with his
brother Cameron who lives near Orange.
During the deal, it came up thatMia was going to the
 Hole in the Wall Gang Camp...well the owner of the car
is affiliated with his own camp called Rawhide Ranch.
(And of course Mia LOVES horses.)
He offered for Mia to attend his camp on a sponsorship,
included with buying the car. Seriously?!
How cool is that??
There really are good people in this world who are
 so willing to help others, and the best part is...
Alyssa got to go as well!
With all of Mia's medical-ness, I didn't want her to be alone
without knowing anyone, just in case.
Praise the Lord it all worked out!
I thought to myself...who do I know that lives near there in Cali??
The Sommers!!!



We drove out on Saturday Aug. 18th (a day early...lol)
My girls of course wanted to see the beach at least one time.


As soon as we got there, we went to this lagoon for swimming
and BBQing.


It was also by a lake...






They had fun...it was fun to watch them having fun.



I went to church with themt he next day, on Sunday at
Mariners. Wow...what a great church. I loved it!


After church, we headed for a picnic lunch to the beach.


Corona Del Mar.











What a model...





Madi ran and laughed the whole time...



Bella, Mia, & Matthew body surfing...






Hannah found a large piece of kelp and jumped roped with it.




Nice try Madi!



Madison & Matthew...friends since they were 2 years old.









After this, Andrea and I drove an hour south to drop off
Alyssa & Mia at camp in Bonsall. This was just the
beginning of our adventures in California!


No comments: