Game day 2:30 pm: Seattle Seahawks VS. New Orleans Saints
- We went to Tucson for the day to watch the game with Matt's dad Dennis. He is currently getting 30 hours of continuous chemo to prepare him for a bone marrow transplant because of his Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. We dropped the girls off at Grandma's house to spend the day with her and headed to the hospital.
For such a special game, Matt brought his Seahawks cups and some sparkling cider to celebrate. The nurses thought that was so funny.
Dennis used to take Matt to watch the Seahawks games in the Kingdome when he was a little boy. They would leave church early and go home where Dennis would make air-popped popcorn with butter and salt and he would always put it in a brown paper bag. Matt remembers they would park far away and they would walk together all the way to the stadium. Matt wanted to bring his dad some popcorn for the game.
Matt getting a flip video of the touchdown. Go Hawks!
Of course the game went way better than expected, especially that awesome run by Marshawn Lynch (Wow!) I wish QB Whitehurst went in, he had a great game last week.
Pure joy ~ (I wish these last 2 photos weren't blurry.) The Seahawks WON 41-36!! Of ALL games ever for the Seahawks to win, I am so glad they won today. There's something about watching a game that brings people together.
It was a good day to watch a football game in the hospital.
3 comments:
I LOVE the cups and the sparkling juice to share with Matt's dad! What a lucky man to have all of you as family!
Amen to that and what great memories Matt is continuing with his dad, family is SO important!!!
Oh, Kristi, this was so sweet. I'm glad the Hawks pulled through for that special day. I remember walking a long ways to the Kingdome with my dad... definitely cherish those memories. xo
Post a Comment