
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/londonsolomon
My boot camp friend Alicia and I have been talking about doing this run for a long time. She has a very sweet heart. I happened to see her coming to the 10 am boot camp after I was done with the 9 am boot camp (we both usually go at 5:30 am) the day before the race. So it was meant to be that we were to do London's Run. (By the way, she is an awesome runner, and has done many marathons etc.) We just laughed because neither of us 'trained' for this, but that's ok...we do boot camp!
I also saw my friend Mary Lisa, who has taken it upon herself to lose more than 60 pounds and get active. She is so inspiring!! She just did the PF Changs half marathon, and here she is...ready to do the 10k. Hello?!?! ML you rock girl!
Another inspiring person in my life is Miss Tiffany, one of Mia's nurses who we see regularly. She decided as well that she was going to take charge of her health and lose weight and participte in half marathons etc. She rocks too...AND she is a fellow blogger. Miss Tiffany knew London and had her as her patient. She also knew Layla, and one of the benefactors of London's Run this year, her name is Maliyah.

Here we go...10 K - 6.2 miles. Gulp. The farthest I've ever ran is 3 and a half. My goal was to keep going and try not to stop.

Ok...I'll try and keep going. Mile 2 I had a side ache...but thought it will go away. It did. By mile 5 I was sooooooo tired, and almost ready to walk. I did stop to tie my shoe at mile 5 but my legs started cramping so I kept going.

Oh finally the finish line...thank goodness!! My time was: 1:00:30
which is good. I just can't help but think if I didn't stop to tie my shoe :)
I also saw my friend Mary Lisa, who has taken it upon herself to lose more than 60 pounds and get active. She is so inspiring!! She just did the PF Changs half marathon, and here she is...ready to do the 10k. Hello?!?! ML you rock girl!
Another inspiring person in my life is Miss Tiffany, one of Mia's nurses who we see regularly. She decided as well that she was going to take charge of her health and lose weight and participte in half marathons etc. She rocks too...AND she is a fellow blogger. Miss Tiffany knew London and had her as her patient. She also knew Layla, and one of the benefactors of London's Run this year, her name is Maliyah.
Miss Tiffany and I @ London's Run
The poster I made and pinned to my back are pictures of Mia, Layla, Ethan, & Trevor. All special kids who I love dearly. All fighting to live a normal healthy life. ~ Layla's memory is always with us...that's why we wear purple! (My favorite color.)
Here we go...10 K - 6.2 miles. Gulp. The farthest I've ever ran is 3 and a half. My goal was to keep going and try not to stop.
It was really pretty through the farm and fields, although it was freezing.
So my friend Alicia rocks at running, and right at the start she was way ahead of me. I could see her in her white shirt and pink shorts...but this picture is blurry.
Ok you had to be there, it looked prettier than this at that moment.
After a while there were all these signs...how inspiring.
What a great reminder of why you are running, and that the money you spent is truly going to help kids fight the battle of their lives.
Gulp...how can you not cry or be touched in some way looking at these pictures??
Ok...I'll try and keep going. Mile 2 I had a side ache...but thought it will go away. It did. By mile 5 I was sooooooo tired, and almost ready to walk. I did stop to tie my shoe at mile 5 but my legs started cramping so I kept going.
Oh finally the finish line...thank goodness!! My time was: 1:00:30
which is good. I just can't help but think if I didn't stop to tie my shoe :)
This is a picture of me about 30 seconds before the finish line:
http://sportshots.exposuremanager.com/p/900am-930am_lr_2011/0922_20110129092213_2718_64_2_2
http://sportshots.exposuremanager.com/p/900am-930am_lr_2011/0922_20110129092213_2718_64_2_2
We will never forget...
6 comments:
You inspire me, Kristi!!!
And bring tears to my eyes. Your heart is so good!
Love, love, love! What an amazing day and so fun to see you and share that experience with you! Your time was awesome. Great job! Would you please email me the a few of your pictures? I'll send you a FB msg.
Oh Kristi, how awesome you did this run!!! I ran it last year and had so much fun. What a GREAT cause, awesome job!!!
I am so incredible proud of you for running for such a good cause. You have some great friends who are very inspiring too, and get fit and healthy is Awesome!!! Yup, you had me crying, but that's ok it keeps me humble and praying for those in need. I love you friend & btw, your sport shot looks great! So where's the sweat? I would be drenched! xo
totally crying. Kristi YOU are such an inspiration. Keep doing what you're doing, sweet friend. What a blessing you are to so many. xo
Good job Kristi!! What a great cause to run for...I probably would have been crying the whole way. And yes, you should come up to Seattle to run the half marathon. :)
Post a Comment