UW vs. ASU Basketball


Matt got 4 tickets to the UW vs. ASU basketball game and we were so excited to go. We decided to make a date out of it by going out to dinner before and then meeting up with some of Matt's friends who are also UW fans.


Paul, Brett, & Matt ready to watch the game.


Gordon Wittenmyer, Percy Allen, & Matt - This is an awesome story.

Matt looks over and said: 'Hey there's Percy Allen, I read his blog about the Huskies on the Seattle Times website.'
Me: Oh really? I should take a picture of you guys, for the blog. (meaning - my blog)
Matt: No, they look busy.
Me: Dude, I'll go over there and ask.
So I went over...
Me: Excuse me, are you Percy?
Percy: Yes.
Me: Would it be ok if I took a picture of you with my husband? He reads your blog all the time.
Percy: Are you for real?
Me: Yes, and I have a blog :)
Percy: Oh really, what is it?
Me: mcpolands.blogpsot.com - as I'm saying this...
Gordon: McPoland...Matt?
Me & Matt: Yeah!

Gordon wrote a bunch of articles on Matt when he was playing sports in high school. This cracks me up because I never knew Matt in high school, so this proves he really was good. The only 'sport-ish' thing I've seen Matt do is chase after our girls, coach soccer, and play the occasional flag football game.
CLICK HERE to see one of the articles on Matt that Gordon wrote in 1991.

Gordon now works for the Chicago Tribune as a sports writter. Percy covers the Huskies basketball team for the Seattle Times and keeps the blog updated. - My DREAM job! Oh to blog about the things you love, and get paid for it...CLICK HERE to see Percy's blog.


Needless to say, this was awesome! Matt had to call his dad and tell him! (Matt's dad Dennis is currently up in Seattle waiting to get a bone marrow transplant at Fred Hutch and we wish he could have been with us to see the game.)


Go Dawgs!!



Go Huskies! At half time, the Huskies were up by 10 points - they sure came back after the start of the game. - (Sorry to all of our neighbors and friends, who are ASU fans :)

So, something or other happened with Isaiah Thomas...it took some time for the refs to figure out what the call was going to be. I thought hmmmm...I bet Percy is blogging.

Yep. I wonder how he feels...being the one blogged about?! Thanks Percy for making my husbands day! - And Gordon too for remembering the McPoland name!


It ended up being a technical foul on ASU - oh the crowd was upset, but hey...

Once a Huskies fan, always a Huskies fan. Go Dawgs!

6 comments:

The Finder's Keepers said...

OMGosh...that is SOOO cool! What a great story, Kristi. I read the whole thing with a smile on my face. Matt must still be grinning.

The Guyser Family said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I'll have to show this to Jason too as he bleeds purple and gold too. (his words not mine!!!) :)

McDolan said...

that is great, and too funny all at the same time. nice one. hope to see you guys up here for a visit? soon?

Tracy said...

That is such a great story Kristi!!! When I was reading it, I smiled when OF COURSE you just went up to Percy and started talking to him, that sounds just like you!...And I just read Kim's note, her and I must have pictured the same smiley, personable Kristi that you are!

The Wilde Family said...

Yay for date nights and how cool that Gordon remembered Matt.

The Wilde Family said...

Btw, did Pam see the article that Gordon wrote? I bet she's a proud mom :)