We are thankful for...


...our Faith, Family, & Friends. After Matt played in his annual 'Turkey Bowl' (Flag Football game) we packed up the car and headed down to Tucson to spend Thanksgiving day with his mom and dad. As you may know, earlier this year Dennis was diagnosed with NHL. We are so thankful that we are able to spend this time with him.
Mia wearing Grandpa's hat...

Ashley's hair is getting lighter every time she washes it.

Happy Thanksgiving

We ate our Thanksgiving dinner at 12:30 pm in the Mountain View Club House. It was a lovely buffet, and this was a rare moment where we all were sitting at the same time. I don't know how many trips the girls made to the desert table...for chocolate covered strawberries. Dennis got a little tired, so Matt drove him home, and then came back for one more plate. Oh how I wish I had a picture of him walking back to the table with the biggest smile on his face, for round #5.


Dennis has to wear his hat because he isn't supposed to be in the sun. He goes for a walk around the yard for a change of scenery. He feels tired all the time, but then when he gets into bed, he can't sleep...and on and on that goes. (For all of you Seattle folk, it IS cold here....that's why Dennis is wearing his robe over his clothes - but ok maybe it isn't as cold as there!)






The girls love to help Grandma, Alyssa helped make the pumpkin pie. Of course they are also busy making cards and crafts.



Here's a riddle:

How many McPoland's does it take to screw in a new vent filter thing?
Apparently quite a few! Even Grandpa had to help...but we did it. Matt is busy fixing things around the house and yard. Way to go honey! (If you were wondering about my outfit, I'm going for comfort.)

We played a fun game of Apples to Apples...and guess who won? Grandpa...Mia came in 2nd place. The game was full of laughs.

Ashley & Madison played with the web cam on the computer and took pictures and made a video. They really could be twins, just 9 years apart.

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
~ Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

The Wilde Family said...

Happy thanksgiving to the McPoland family. I'm so glad that you got to spend it with Dennis & Pam. I bet you are cherishing these moments. And yes, COMFORT clothes rock! I put my fat pants on all the time baby :)