A Girls Week


My sister flew into town last week for her birthday. We celebrated her birthday all week...it was so fun! We went to the Cheesecake Factory for her birthday lunch. The waitor was kind enough to surprise her by singing happy birthday and brought a yummy ice cream...

...which of course Madison ate.

Dinner at Mom's ~

If pictures could only come with smells, this was fabulous! Chicken parmagiana - The Pioneer Woman style. Oh my, it was good.

For dessert, a banana creme cheesecake from the cheesecake Factory. More yum. This makes for happy girls!


Auntie Michelle and her niece's...



Happy birthday to you...

Make a wish!


Maddy wanted some extra chocolate...there's always chocolate at Auntie Michelle's birthday party.
Time to open presents..

Alyssa always makes the most thoughtful cards...

Ashley likes to pick anything that involves...'fashion.'

Mia was the entertainer for the evening...she did an awesome dance for everyone. If only I had a video...









Of course Madison jumped in for some dancing too!


The next day...
We had the best time doing lunch...as girls do. My sister had never been to Chipotle, (can you imagine?!) so we went there twice for some yummy salads and burritos.
The night before Michelle had to fly out, we went to the Living Room in downtown Ocotillo. This was a great place with a fun atmosphere. We ordered the cheese board and brushetta. The apple and fig was my favorite! If you haven't been there...you must go.

The food was exellent!

We stopped by the club house in Sun Lakes and sat on the newly rennovated patio by the firepit as the sun went down. What a perfect place to sit and talk.
It was so great to see my sister, especially that we could celebrate her birthday together. I hope she comes down again soon!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun. Looks like you had a great few days with her. Love all the pictures. Time always seems to go slow while waiting for family to come in, and then when they finally get here, it goes way to quick. Celebrating with food is always fun. Love the extra chocolate on the cake, MMMMMMM.

The Parsons' blog said...

Hi!!! What a sweet post, Kristi. I'm so glad your sister was able to come in to town. What a special time. And HELLO!! the food all looked and sounded amazing! It made my heart happy to read about you guys making PW's recipe! :):) And Cheesecake Factory is like one of my favorite restaurants!! Fun. Hope you're doing good. xx Sara

ps - I love the picture of Madison in the post below holding the cupcake. SO cute!

The Finder's Keepers said...

What an awesome week! I agree, the Living Room has delicious food. What a treat for all of you to celebrate together for a whole week!

The Wilde Family said...

Kristi I love your family!! Happy Birthday to Michelle and I am so glad she came to visit you, the girls, and your mom. BTW, tell your mom her haircut is SUPER cute!! The food looks fab & that cheesecake, OMW YUMMMOS!! Glad you had a great time together and had a night out together too. Girls nights are the best. Oh and the cheese platter and wine, sign me up :)

love you!!
Chrissy

The Wilde Family said...

BTW, your girls are growing so fast. I can't believe how much older they look already. There all so sweet and I love that Ms.Mia and Maddy were dancing, as girls should do :)