Mia's 51st blood transfusion



















We love the new Children's wing at the hospital!

Matt dropped off Madison at about 8:30 am - Mia's IV was already going when they arrived, so we were set.

We love the new rooms because they all have TV's...lol. We only have had DVD players, so it was nice for Mia to catch some of the disney channel for a change.



Dad also brought Mia's ipod...so she was singing the morning away.



The new nurses station - oh, speaking of nurses...

Miss Christine was there...yep, she rocks!



Look who else we saw...Layla again!



Can these girls get any cuter?! They both have their IV's...



Mia - 'Hey Layla, do you want to see my guitar?'

Layla - 'Sure.'



It was hard for Mia to hold the guitar with her IV...so Layla helped her.


Layla's turn...




Mia & Layla sure know how to rock! - If only I had a video...



Since Mia's iron count is below 1,000 - we are not doing the 4 hour IV desferral to get the extra iron out of her body, so it was a quick day compared to usual.


Mia had to get a flu shot since she hasn't had one yet, and she got really anxious about it. Her heart rate was beeping away. Layla calmed her down and told her to put some numbing cream on so she wouldn't feel it. Layla helped Mia count to 3...easy. Thanks Layla!


Layla hopped up onto Mia's bed and hung out...


Time to go, Mia taking her IV out.

Awwww, they are so cute. As I am blogging this, I really see now why God gives us friends. We weren't meant to go through this life alone. It's so important when facing trials in your life to have someone there who understands exactly what you are going through. Friends are meant to sharpen eachother ( Proverbs 27:17), and they'll always be there for you no matter what. Prayer Request - Layla's cancer has relapsed since last Friday (6 days ago). Please take a minute and pray for her...I know her family would greatly appreciate it.

This Andrea's Closet is huge...you could spend an hour in here just looking.


They picked out some super cool toys. I am so thankful Layla was there today.

5 comments:

The Finder's Keepers said...

Kristi-I'm so glad that Mia's experience was good today in the new facility. She is so sweet and I'm happy that she was able to reunite with Layla! Keeping everyone in my prayers...

The Guyser Family said...

So sweet that Mia was able to spend the day with a special friend. You are so right with why God gives us friends. They are so important!

The Parsons' blog said...

What a blessing to have a new facility and wonderful, capable nurses you trust. Not to mention a cute friend for Mia. So sweet. That verse and your words brought tears to my eyes. So true!

ps - speaking of "blessing" my word verification below is - bless. :)

The Wilde Family said...

Wow Mia we are always praying for you and how brave God made you for all these transfusions. I'm happy you made such a great friend like Layla. She seems like a great supportive friend who likes to have fun. I will be praying for her and her family.
We love you guys & Amen for friends, we were definitely meant to love one another as Christ loves us.

Tracy said...

I love these girls! Mia is one tough girl! I'm bummed I missed the jam out!