Finally, bring on the rain!

Finally, the rain is here. I have been waiting all week to see just a little rain at least. You know that in the southwest we will get rain when it's close to the 4th of July...it never fails. You could mark it on your calendar: RAIN...or MONSOON season. With a high of 106 degrees or so today, Matt & the girls headed to the park for a summer soccer practice. Yes, in the heat. The clouds started building up and then the thunder started rolling in. As soon as there was a flash of lightning, Matt canceled practice, that was good because it started pouring with rain. I grabbed Madison, Mia, & Ashley and ran to the car, (since I had just been to Walgreen's.) I left poor Matt & Alyssa with all the soccer stuff. Thankgoodness for another soccer mom Stacey who put the wagon and all the soccer balls in her car and gave Alyssa a ride home. (LOL!) Here is the view from our garage.


I said, 'come on Ashley, how many times does it rain?' So she braved the down pour...

Here is Alyssa & Tatum fresh from soccer...they needed to cool down anyways.




Uh-oh...who's coming?!

Dad...!

The drive by: take 1.
Max (our dog) got out and chased Matt's car into the cul-de-sac...we called him back into the garage and I told Madison to put him inside the house. * That funny but strangely weird noise* in the background is him yelping...probably from the door smashing his tail or something. You never know what happens when Madison is involved. Ashley runs to his rescue.
The drive by: take 2

It rained...we were so excited. Now to all of our friends & family in or from Washington state, you can stop laughing at us now! (It's been a while since we lived there...some 13-14 years ago!)

4 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

Wow, what a fun way to cool off! The drive by is so funny! :) I bet that rain felt good.

The Wilde Family said...

Oh my gosh those videos are hiliarious. Ava heard me laughing and said, "I See, I See." Too funny! I actually wish we had rain too. 90's in PDX is too HOT for me, especially with no AC, sad I know...
Happy 4th!!

Chrissy :-)

Terri said...

Oh how much fun. Us Arizonans always tell the kids to go play in the rain. It doesn't happen that much here. Matt is such a kid at heart. I may have to have Jason do a drive by the next time it storms...

The Parsons' blog said...

I just re-watched the videos and laughed again! Love it. Glad you were able to "cool" off. Hope you had a great 4th!