Mia is in the 'Sea horse' class...and doing great! I am a little concerned about her ears because she's so prone to ear infections, but so far so good. She can tread water in the deep end now while playing 'What time is it Mr. Fox?' She's growing up...I could cry.
Alyssa (2nd from left) is in the Frogs class...and is really working on the different type of strokes. She has a mean free style now, watch out Michael Phelps!
Matt is such a great dad, he knew from Monday that I did not want to go thru 'that again', so he took Madison for me the next day. What a guy. One day less in my suit in public - I'll take it! It worked out because I had to get Ashley to her Ortho appt.
You gotta love the Orthodontist office, especially when they are running late. Ashley's 20 minute appt. turned into about a 2 hour wait...with Madison. That was fun, considering there isn't much to do in the waiting room and it's already 100 degrees outside. But what do you do?! Make the best of it. Thank goodness there was a Jamba Juice across the street, we headed over for a BOGO (by one get one free) with a coupon you can google...and I think it's actually off of facebook. What you do if you have little kids, is you get the larger one, and split it into 2 smaller cups...it evens out as the same size. So for about $5.00 everyone gets their own!
________________________________________________________________
What FUN these girls had this week (after swimming lessons)...we were supposed to be at VBS (this is where my mom goes to church) at 9 am, but we were a little late each day and looked like drowned rats with wet hair, but besides that, it was awesome! The crafts were amazing...it was right up Alyssa's alley. She sure enjoyed making each and every one. Mia had a great time too...she made the cutest picture frame.


Goats for Ghana

The kids had the opportunity to learn about 'Goats for Ghana'...where they had a chance to raise money to help families get their own goat...which helps the family in many different ways. When you give people the tools to help themselves, it's amazing what can happen. Above is Pastor Kelley Hand of Desert Plams Church.
"Goats for Ghana through Partners International – goats for poor families in rural Ghana. A goat requires little care and eats almost anything. A baby goat will grow up to produce nutritional milk for the children and later offspring to sell for extra income which will help the family through hard times. One goat costs $55." So far, the kids had raised about 7 1/2 goats...the tally will be announced on Sunday. CLICK HERE if you would like to help.

The kids had the opportunity to learn about 'Goats for Ghana'...where they had a chance to raise money to help families get their own goat...which helps the family in many different ways. When you give people the tools to help themselves, it's amazing what can happen. Above is Pastor Kelley Hand of Desert Plams Church.
"Goats for Ghana through Partners International – goats for poor families in rural Ghana. A goat requires little care and eats almost anything. A baby goat will grow up to produce nutritional milk for the children and later offspring to sell for extra income which will help the family through hard times. One goat costs $55." So far, the kids had raised about 7 1/2 goats...the tally will be announced on Sunday. CLICK HERE if you would like to help.

Alyssa & her group reciting their memory verse...they did great.

Oh Madison...she was pretty good, she didn't manage to stick her finger in the electrical outlet on the floor or let the butterfly loose they had in a cage...so I'd say she did alright.

Oh Madison...she was pretty good, she didn't manage to stick her finger in the electrical outlet on the floor or let the butterfly loose they had in a cage...so I'd say she did alright.
Madison did however manage to be a part of the group as they sang one of their songs they learned this week. (She's standing behind Mia in the denim dress)...and don't you love how Mia is more concerned with her glow in the dark necklace than singing the song???
We sat with my mom and her friend Wendy Hood - AKA: Partners in crime! (Is PK reading this?) She happens to be from Ballard, Washington. It is so funny how many Washingtonians are down here in AZ.

A family picture in front of the church & fountain...I think I'll put this as my new header on the blog, (thanks mom!)





2 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy! I'm glad the girls have had such a fun-filled week. I'm starting to think about swimming lessons too... I might wait until next summer though. I love your new hair, it looks great!!!
Hey Kristi, looks like a great week for the girls at swim & VBS. I hope you guys had a nice weekend together as a family. I'm hoping my week is a little less busy. It was fun chatting with u on FB. I miss you tons :-)
Love Chrissy
Post a Comment