EVBC blood drive


This morning, our church EVBC had their once a quarter blood drive. We had a special visitor with us...Mia! She knows first hand how important it is to donate blood. She was watching everyone very intently...and said, 'Will I get that one?'

I was a little worried my iron count wouldn't be good enough but it was. I failed the finger poke test last time.


Matt was going to do 'power red' - where they take all the blood parts out...red blood cells, platelets, & plasma, separate them and put back in the platelets & plasma...but they needed only negative blood types...and we're both postive. So we both donated whole blood.


Donate blood...it saves lives!

3 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

Good for you guys, Mia is such an inspiration to give blood!!! Do you have the same blood type as she does?

The Parsons' blog said...

Good work Dad and Mom on gettin' er done! Hey, so this might be more of an email question, but what is the long term prognosis for Mia. Blood transfusions for life?? Praying for that sweet girl.

The Wilde Family said...

That is awesome you guys!! Working with blood and lab results is right up Ryan's alley. Glad you are posting about donating, I need to do that soon, especially since I've never done that. Tell Ms.Mia she is such a brave girl and is a role model to us :-)

love you!!
Christina