Ashley's knee


Today, I took Ashley to Phoenix Children's to figure out what on earth is wrong with her knee. Here she is with Madison in the waiting room...watching Cars.

Waiting for the doctor...


Madison was SO good today, just an angel - which is very unusual for her! She knew it was a long day with no nap. Maybe a half hour cat nap in the car...


Waiting to get the x-ray...and I'm sorry to say, I didn't get anymore pictures! Not even of the x-ray...but she does have 'Patello Femoral Syndrome' or Runner's knee, which is just over usage. Another interesting thing we found out is that instead if one knee cap, she has two bones instead of one large bone. When she bends it, the cartilidge pushes on (?) something and that's what causes the pain. Anyways, at least we know now for soccer purposes. She needs a special brace and orthotics in her shoes, but the cost is way too much for right now. I know somehow the Lord will provide!

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Bummer about the knee. Is that something she can "grow" out of? Hopefully she has a break from sports for awhile and it can heal.

The McPoland Family said...

We HOPE she will grow out of it...she needs a break!

Anonymous said...

Shoot me an email and let me know what specifically she needs and I will see if I can help. (no promises but I will ask) My brother is an orthopedic surgeon and I can occasionally get a favor out of him.

Doug Roberts

supplies@cox.net