The Dinner I Made...


...For Valentines Day was so good. When my mom and I were in England, I picked up some truly authentic home made heart shaped pasta from a store called Umberto's. I wanted to make something special for my family and serve them a tasty meal.
You can see the bag I bought on the right hand side, 2nd row up on the left. This is the best smelling pasta shop in the world. The man who owns it has such a thick Italian accent. So cool!
I got all the food, ingredients, and love ready to make my Valentine's dinner.
Where food becomes art...
I've never made chocolate dipped strawberries before but decided to surprise everyone. I'm really getting into cooking, huh mom?!
They turned out pretty tasty!

I made 2 different sauces to choose from: Alfredo with brocolli or Marinara with turkey sausage. Everyone picked the alfredo...except:
Alyssa. She went with the marinara. Yum! (and BTW - we are not counting calories just for today.)
After dinner we all settled in to watch a movie together. I just love these girls, ok Max too, and of course Matt. Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

The Guyser Family said...

Happy Valentine's Day! How fun, the pasta looks so yummy! We decided to take the day off from counting calories too! ;)