Soccer tryouts started Oct. 31, and lasted about a week. There are 3 teams, Varsity, JV-A, and JV-B. There sure were many freshman trying out, wow. What an exciting time to be a girl in high school!
These girls worked hard on sprints, drills, and plays. Not to mention in AZ it's pretty hot even when it's fall.
Ashley and all her friends made the JV-A team, yeah way to go girls!
Here are just some random photos of her playing soccer. Ashley is #24. Black jersey's are for away games and the white jersey's are for home games. She also had orange cleats which made it easy to spot her out on the field.
I love this picture...there's a Husky (Ashley) in the Puma Den. Huskies won, of course!
Ashley and some team mates atching the varsity game...brrr, it was freezing that night.
#24 - Ashley # 9 - Ashley
Thank goodness for her orange cleats otherwise they all look the same.
It was such a fun experience for her to play soccer for her high school. Matt and I were so thankful just for Ashley to be a part of the team. I know I will always remember watching her run up and down the field...I can't believe she used to be 4 years old just starting to play soccer.
___________________________________________
_______________________________________
_____________________________________
I'll always remember the days when 'dad' was her coach. She always got the 'smart player' award.
Then somehow, she grew up to be a teenager! Parents with small children who are reading this beware - it happens!!
No matter what, we'll always be Ashley's biggest fans...mom & dad sitting in the stands.
Ashley's hip had been hurting her almost half way through the season. She didn't want to go to the doctor about it because she didn't want to risk not playing. However, we should have took her in sooner to get an x-ray since her pelvic bone was in fact broken. Sigh...4-6 weeks of no playing, but at least the season is over with!
__________________________________________
The Ashley's with Coach Chris. They all look gorgeous in their soccer banquet dresses, but SO different than soccer shorts and cleats. What a fun memory.











No comments:
Post a Comment