We are huge Mark Driscoll fans, he is the Pastor at Mars Hill Church up in Seattle, around the same area where both Matt and I grew up. We heard about the new book on marriage from our small group, and bought tickets for this marriage conference as soon as tickets were available. HEre we are with our friends the McBurney's, Eric happens to be our small group leader, and he has a thing for Mark's sermons, lets just say he was extra excited.
There were actually a ton of people we knew there, since our church Redemption and the Mission Church where it was hosted, set up the conference. These are my sweet friends Jenn & Caitlyn. Their husbands came too.
We walk in and who is signing books?! Mark himself. How cool! I was so bummed that his wife Grace wasn't able to come, after all they have 5 kids so I completely understand, but it would have been really cool to hear some of the things she would have had to say since they wrote the book together on marriage.
Here we are waiting for the conference to start...exciting.
I took some random shots through out the conference - why? - because I have a blog.
Here is Pastor Mark showing a picture of his family.
This was really cool, as you can imagine, there are a lot of hurting marriages out in our world today. I'm sure there were tons sitting in this very same conference. Pastor Mark decided on a whim, to have men come forward who were ready to stand up and be a man, and put their faith in Jesus. It was a really cool moment, because at first no one went up...talk about being brave for the first guy to walk up there. It was pretty cool, you had to be there.
Of course we HAD to get a photo of this!!
My prayer is that God would always for now and forever, BLESS our marriage as only He can. I know I learned a lot at this conference, about how truly sinful I am, and how God designed marriage in the first place. What it was meant to be like from the begining. I wish I had learned this stuff when I first had been married, but I am so happy that through Mark and Grace Driscoll's struggles within their own marriage, they are using that time in their lives to help and bless other marriages. It's pretty amazing. Even if you can't make it to the conference, get the book which is on the New York #1 Best sellers list, because you're NEVER to old to learn something about you and your spouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment