PCC Annual Banquet


Last night I had the privilege of going to the Pregnancy Care Center of Chandler's Annual Banquet. A member of my mom's church at DPC bought a table for the evening, so my mom and I went together to the Arizona Grand Resort. The silent auction started at 6:30 pm with dinner being served at 7:00 pm. Can I just say, the food was fabulous! The evening opened up with prayer, and then it was time for the guest speakers.




The crew from DPC...it was fun to see everyone walking away with auction items they bid for. My mom got a really cool bracelet!


The speaker who touched my heart the most is Gianna Jessen. There truly are not adequate words to describe what her life has been like. I don't even know where to start myself but I know by the grace of God, she is here today. Here is a snip from her bio, (to see more click the link above) (and excuse my shiny forehead! Can someone get me some powder?!?!):

"Gianna is a Christian. Her life was given to her by the grace of God. She shouldn't be walking, but more miraculous still; she should not even be alive. Gianna's biological mother was 17 when she had a saline abortion in her third trimester. Many Americans don’t realize it is legal to have an abortion throughout all nine months of pregnancy. After being burned alive for approximately 18 hours in the womb from the saline solution, Gianna was delivered alive in a Los Angeles County abortion clinic. Her medical records state, "born during saline abortion"...this is what caused her Cerebral Palsy."

Her speech was one of the most funniest yet heart wrenching speeches I have ever heard. I will never forget it. Life is a gift...and it should be preserved and cherished. God and God alone is the author of life. What an evening to remember...but it wasn't over yet.

As soon as I walked in the door at 10:00 pm, this is what I came home to. Matt in a suit! He figured since I was all dressed up...he would surprise me by dressing up.


Of course I had to get a picture...

Then Alyssa snuck this picture of us dancing...

...and this one too.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures of you two dancing are priceless! Glad you had a fun night...you look great as always. :)

The Finder's Keepers said...

Oh my word....what a wonderful post and a very sweet husband!

The Parsons' blog said...

Kristi, you're so funny. I'm glad the banquet went well and your heart was moved. I love that your husband dressed up for you. So sweet. I too LOVE the dancing photos. You can see love on matt's face. That's a beautiful thing.

The Wilde Family said...

So glad you got to attend the banquet with your mom. That story about Gianna is moving. I'm sure there were lot's of hearts moved and tears shed.
Seriously, kuddos for Matt putting on the tux and surprising you, WHAT A SWEETHEART!!