A Girls Trip to Coronado


Oh yeah! My sister flew down from Seattle so we all could go on a girls trip to the beach! It was so much fun...we left at 6am Friday and were on our way. Of course we had to stop by Starbucks first.

I don't think any of us will ever forget this stop - in the middle of no where. My mom had made some boiled eggs for a little protein, so we pulled over on the side of the freeway, int he middle of the desert to get them. I wanted to get a picture of us in literally with nothing else around. So I grabbed my eggs and got in the car. So did my sister, so I just thought my mom was in the car as well. She wasn't. And I started to drive off without her. (Can you imagine?!) I heard this faint voice saying...'Krissy...' and looked back to see my mom standing there all by herself. At first I though I had run her over...but she was laughing so hard. We all were!







The Coronado Bridge...is really scary for me. Gulp. My heart started beating really fast. Say if we fell off?!? I styed in the left lane and drove really slow. (haha!)





Eeeeeekkkk! But we made it.





We arrived a few hours before check in, so we had lunch at this cute restaurant called Tent City.











I highly recommend the 1906 Lodge, a bed and breakfast if you are looking for a fun getaway.
Matt and I stayed there for our anniversary and I loved it so much, that I really wanted to take my mom and my sister there for a fun girls weekend.





We stayed in a romm called Tent City....it was perfect for all 3 of us. After we checked in and got all settled, we headed straight to the beach for some sun and fresh air.











The beach is about a 5 minute walk away.








This is always worth the 5-6 hour drive.

















I got my hair done the day before we left. I had a gift card to get it colored by Sarah, and then my sweet friend Remy cut it for me. It was so long, and still is, but she cut off so much! IT was much needed.





Happy Hour at the 1906 Lodge







This couple were from Payson Arizona. They were in town for a wedding.




We decided to go back to the beach and walk around the Del.










We sat by the fire pit and talked and watched people go by.






The 1906 Lodge Breakfast's are the best!



I love this room...

























I can still taste this french toast. I can't tell you how good it was. It's a great way to start the day with a yummy breakfast.

Catching the Old Town Trolley



My mom and my sister had never really seen San Diego before, actually it was my sisters first time ever! The best way to see everything was to take a tour...so we hopped on the Trolley.

Yay...we made it over the Coronado bridge in the Trolley. For me, that felt like a ride at Disneyland.




I've always wanted to do Western themed pictures...how FUN!
























Riding the Trolley, I don't think we'll forget the ride back. The tour guide guy wouldn't stop talking. But you had to be there, of all things, he kept talking about the airport. Hello?! Who cares?!?! ...back over the bridge. Gulp.






Lunch at the Del - The Sheerwater




What a special treat to have lunch looking right out at the ocean. It was so nice to sit and relax after a busy morning of catching Trolley's.



Yum...it was so good and tasty.




Back to the beach...




I could never get tired of the beach.



Out to Dinner ~




















Saying goodbye to the beach...

















Jumping pictures are FUN!




























Coronado Ferry Landing



There was an art walk at Coronado Ferry Landing...we went there because I wanted to get some Coronado cupcakes to bring back for Mia's birthday, but decided they would melt in the car on the way back...the drive was HOT. (115 degrees)



The last picture before we headed out on the road again. I must be on a hill because I look like a giant.






Mia's 8th Birthday Party!



We made it home in time to celebrate Mia's birthday! She loved having auntie Michelle there too.






Happy birthday Mia!

No comments: