Our family vacation...

...to San Diego, CA ~

The first look at the ocean...we made it! We woke up at 5 am, were packed and in the car and on the road by 6 am. We made it to Maricopa to stop for gas and a Starbucks, and poor Alyssa felt so sick she threw up. Then she slept for 2 hours straight...ohh. We felt so bad. She wins the trooper award for being sick the whole trip, except for the last day. I don't know what swine flu looks like but I'm sure she had it. She had a great time despite being sick...


















































I love this picture of the girls...


Maddy in her new suit...too cute.





Boogie Boarding

It's nice to have the hot tub after the freezing ocean...ahhhhh, relaxing.


The view from my chair...

'My spot' was the chair on the right...if anyone needed to find me, all they had to do was find me here, in my spot.


Mia sat with me a lot and 'sun bathed.' It was so fun, we people watched, especially looking for Slomo. If you need a good laugh, read about Slomo HERE. The picture I got of him talking to Mia while he was roller blading didn't turn out...bummer!

Matt & Ashley really enjoyed ripsticking down the board walk...



Mia - This was the look of, 'do I really have to take these pictures mom?' My answer, 'yes.'


Precious...

Madison's close up...need I say more. The wall in the condo is glass so you can see the ocean from the bed room, and into the sitting area. It's great, but not fun to clean.


The girls are eating dinner watching the sunset...why Madison doesn't have clothes on, I don't know.



I could never get tired of looking at God's beautiful creation...


Raining Madison's...that's a scary thought.


Mornings on the beach


Coffee in hand...love it!



Sand Castles & the hole...


Alyssa was such a trooper for being sick, she still played on the beach building sand castles and digging holes...



The START of the hole...


Then it became...this.


Alyssa made a friend Claire and she helped dig too, turns out their family lives about a mile up the road and our kids go to the same school. Small world! Her brother Evan is in 1st grade but in a different class than Mia.


Here is Mia, Evan, and Claire...still digging.

The hole the next morning...still there.


Then came the idea, we should dig another hole and connect them with a tunnel!


Madison made a new friend named Bella, and her dad Paul joined in on the fun. I should have taken a video of the sand that was flying everywhere...it was so funny.


Oh to be young again...




Matt decides to crawl thru the hole...

Imagine if the sand caved in...?! What I didn't get a picture of, and I REALLY wish I had, was the lifeguard truck stopping by. He said it was dangerous and to fill it up. The kids really enjjoyed playing in it, and it was fun to watch them. Then next morning, it was gone. The tractor going up and down the beach filled it in. But...

...at least we got a picture of us in the hole.

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

You're back! It's been quiet without you. Can't wait to see all the pictures and I was hoping I'd read when you mentioned camera trouble that you got a new camera ;) Film developed?? What's that?! ;)

The Wilde Family said...

These are such great pics Kristi, looks like a nice and relaxing vacation. I love the pic's of the girls too and the one of Matt holding the sun. I agree God's creation is so amazing and relaxing.

The Guyser Family said...

What a fun vacation! I love all the pictures of your beautiful family! Looks like you had a perfect spot there on the beach. What street were you on? It makes me homesick for my college days... :)