Back to school!


First day of school...Ashley -7th grade: Jr. High- (sigh) Alyssa - 3rd grade- already? Mia - 1st grade - I could cry! Madison - hung out with mom, she will start pre-school in Jan. I can't believe school is here already - and can I just say, it's boiling hot out!! They might as well be in A/C at school.

Waiting for the bus...which was late!



I've never seen their school so crazy...and to top it off Fox 10 News was there too!

Mia's bus was SO late, her class had already gone inside. (If you were wondering, YES I drove to school after they got on the bus...hey, I have a blog you know.) Mia didn't know where to go so thank goodness I was there to help her and her little friend's off the bus. Unfortunatley, they would not allow parents to walk the kids to their classrooms, which I think is ridiculous. Don't they understand that some people like to get pictures, for the family blog?!

It was a sea of kids...after Alyssa's class went in Madison and I headed home. To my utter joy, Ashley was still out waiting for the Jr. High bus...I drove by and said, 'Smile!' Ha! ha!
They don't look embarassed, do they?!

Madison hung out at home all day. I came around the corner and saw her with ear muffs on, eating chocolate from an Easter Egg. How funny is that?! It sure was quiet with the 3 older girls at school. Madison had no one to play with. It sure was a busy day...!
_________________________________________________________
I had to pick up Mia early from the 1st day of school for a finger poke...so I asked her:
'How was riding the bus this morning?'
'Good' she said.
'Was the bus driver old or kind of young?' - I asked.
Mia: 'Well, he had the same skin as you, so probably 55 or 60.'
What a major LOL!

6 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

Seriously, How cute?!! Wow the girls are getting so big. I can't believe Ashley is in 7th grade. Just 5 years ago she was my flower girl, sigh... I would be crying and sad if I couldn't walk Ava into her class & yes it looks like a mad house there.
So really, they don't have AC in the classrooms?

The McPoland Family said...

Oh yes, they have AC...!!! It's considered an emergency to not have AC...if only I knew that before we moved here 12 years ago when our AC went out in August!!!!

The Guyser Family said...

Such cute photos! Are you on a year-round schedule there? When I taught in Anaheim we did and it took a little bit to get used to, but then I ended up really liking it. We would have school for 3 months and then 1 month off, plus some time at holidays too. Can't believe you are the mother of a 7th grader!!! I bet people still mistake you for sisters. :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Ummmm....school???? Already?? I can't believe school has started for you guys. It's a little bigger school than F.H. huh?! ;) I love that you were taking pictures of your Jr. Higher ;) So funny. She loved it. :) I bet it was pretty quiet with just Madison at home. She's going to love all the time with her mama. Hope you're good!

The McPoland Family said...

Yeah school is year round here, which is good for them really because it SO hot. They honestly get bored of swimming ALL day. SO they might as well be in school where it's nice and cool...but we do get a fabulous Fall break in October for 2 weeks. We usually go to Cali and no one is there...except other Arizonans!!!

Team Schultz said...

Love these big girls! Can't believe how big they are! I remember Ashley like it was yesterday! Alyssa and Mia were so little then! Sigh! You are blessed my friend! Miss you!