Kid's Konnection Christmas Party


Tonight I was able to attend the annual Christmas party especially for Kid's Konnection. This is where I work in child care every Wednesday at our church for women's ministries...I work in the 5 year old class, and it's so much fun! I really enjoy getting to know the ladies I work with and of course have a fun time playing with the kids and doing our bible lessons. I look forward to it every week. We get treated to a wonderful Christmas party...with food, games, fellowship, and prizes. During the raffle - I won a cute litte fiber optic tree, fully decorated!

The dessert tree...need I say more?!

This is the table I sat at in the candle light...of course my flash broke on my camera, so all my pictures are without a flash...a bloggers nightmare.

These two women don't know how much they have influenced me on my walk with the Lord. Marsha, on the left, is my dear sweet friend, who I have learned so much from, especially since she has blazed a trail for me with a daughter who has special needs. I am following in her footsteps. God knew exactly who to put in my life...and thank goodness it was Marsha! She just knows what it's like as a mom who watches their daughter struggle, and what a comfort to know that someone has 'been there, done that.' Thank you Marsha for always being there for me. We know that God has a plan for our precious little girls...they are in His hands.
Kathy on the right, is my dear sweet boss - and the best one too I might add. She supports all her staff with a loving and understanding heart. She gives so much of herself, and is also the staff bible study leader, where I have learned so much from. What an example she is to everyone of what a follower of Christ is. Thank you Kathy for being apart of my life...just by being you, you have shown me what it is to truly love the Lord.
___________________________________
Another fun thing this week was a Christmas Brunch at Ingrid's house. Ingrid generously wrapped 16 gifts for each person that came...and we played the game where you can steal it up to 3 times. Denise (on the right) has never had a wreath before, and that was her gift she opened. She was thrilled...but then later on in the game someone stole it from her. It was a little sad because we knew how great it would be for her to have one, especially because Ingrid made it! So when it was Angela's turn (middle) she stole it back and said, 'Denise, I'm giving it to you!'
That meant it could be stolen one last time. So I asked Angela if I should steal it from her...just to make sure no one else stole it again. I was the last person that could steal it, so we made sure that Denise got to take a wreath home for Christmas.

3 comments:

Hegarty Family said...

Looks like you had a well deserved nigh out! Whoo Hoo!

The Wilde Family said...

Kristi, looks like you had a great night with your friends. The desert station I'm sure was amazing too!! I love hearing how you have met some wonderful, Godly women who love you.

I'm so glad I got to visit you and go to your church,& watch Left Behind, many changes since then!!!

Love,
Christina

The Parsons' blog said...

The pictures turned out so great without the flash. It looks so pretty and festive. I agree with Christina, what a blessing you have godly women in your life to encourage, support, and be an example to you.