Mia broke her collar bone

Mia getting an x-ray...no...it doesn't hurt.
Her left, but look at the right side, the top bone
is broken right in the middle - ouch!
Mia's arm in the sling.



Wednesday September 17 @ 7:00 pm, Mia decided to climb into the chair Alyssa was sitting on at the computer. Mia climbed over the arm rest, and Alyssa pushed the chair back with her feet a tiny bit, and Mia fell onto the tile floor. Needless to say, there was a loud thump...and a scream! Mia was so upset, but absolutely did not want to go to the doctor. She wanted to go to bed...so she did. She woke up twice that night crying, obviously in pain, but made it through ok. Thursday morning (18th) she even made it through on the bus, while big sister Alyssa carried her backpack for her. I decided to pull her out of school just after lunch time, to be on the safe side. We went to an urgent care close to our house, and had an x-ray. Sure enough - it was fractured. Mia was so brave...she wasn't sure about the x-ray at first, she thought it was going to hurt. But she was so brave, the nurse gave her a sling and we will see what the Ortho Dr. says on Monday. Of course, it's her birthday tomorrow...but...'the show must go on!'

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

The poor girl! I love the last picture, her face is priceless. I'll pray it heals quickly and completely.

The McPoland Family said...

Thank you Sara!!! I can't believe it...what next!?!?!? :)
I haven't been on facebook...I can't until next Monday, Matt and I were too addicted so we are taking a week break!
How is everything with you guys?
How is school going?

The Parsons' blog said...

What?! No facebook?!?! I was wondering why you were so quiet. Good for you though to recognize when you need a break. I can get that way with the blog...I'm a little obsessive. But I always think, I have to blog that because I want it in my book. So needless to say, my house sometimes takes a beating, meaning the laundry piles up and the dishes do too! Anyway... school is going good. Although today was the first day of leaving her in tears. I almost lost it. I wanted to just take her home. She had a rough start but when I picked her up she was full of smiles. She loves school. Take care!