I Hope to Have Many Special Birthday's...


...just like this couple has had together. Seriously, I had tears in my eyes walking behind them in the mall. They are absolutely precious. I hope Matt & I will be like that & grow old together, and dress up & wear Christmas sweaters strolling through the mall holding hands. It still brings tears to my eyes. You should have seen how loving they were.


So on my birthday morning I took advil on an empty stomach. Who does that?!?! Me. So I felt sick all morning...and if you google what to do to make your stomach feel better, it says milk and bread. So off to Starbucks we went for a Grande Nonfat Latte. Instantly I felt better, thank goodness. So watched Madison play onthe toys for a little while before I...


...Got my hair done. Oh wow...I was long over due. It had been 8 months (April) since I colored and got it cut. I still wanted it long though, but now it's layered which I needed to do so badly!


Thank you so much Remy for hooking a girl up...you seriously are the BEST.


We went to Ashley's soccer game after that...but it was cold and Mia didn't feel good so we ordered pizza and went home. Just so you know...our family are pizza-holics.














If you were wondering...it was so tasty!






When I got home...my sweet friend Karin made me a birthday cake!! Chocolate gnosh...ohhhh. So good and chocolatey...just how I like it. Thanks Karin!!






My girls sang me Happy Birthday...






I even made a wish...






Oh these shoes make me smile!! I LOVE them and have been waiting for months for them to go on sale. The story of how they were bought cracks me up...lets just say you gotta love husbands for getting a wife what she truly wants on her special day.






This home made card by Alyssa is the most precious and thoughtful gift a MOM could ever get. I will treasure it always...inside it says:






Happy 34th Mom! Here are 34 things I love about you:






1. You are always there for me



2. You do the laundry



3. You do the dishes



4. You clean the house



5. You drive me everywhere



6. You buy me things



7. You are the best mom ever (Questionable...because I have the best mom ever.)



8. You do boot camp (oh how cute!)



9. You are nice (I thought to myself, really?? Are you sure?!)



10. You taught me 1st about God (precious)



11. You make my lunch



12. You wake me up every morning (usually I have to yell at her to get up.)



13. You are a good role model



14. You don't say too many bad words... (Gulp...too many.)



15. You are pretty



16. You look younger with your braces (how can you not -LOL)



17. You don't have grey hairs (ummm, so you see why the child needs contacts! ;)



18. You support me



19. You give me good advice



20. You don't spank us hard (again- LOL- Matt said, 'I told you.')



21. You buy us ice cream



22. You are kind



23. You are thoughtful



24. You always have a smile on your face (maybe BEFORE braces)



25. You don't yell (??? Oh she is so sweet to say that because I yell at her every morning to get up)



26. You are responsible



27. You think of others



28. You go to bible study



29. You have good taste in husbands (LOL - I love how that is 'plural')



30. You are Christian (Amen!)



31. You are loving



32. You rock



33. You are a smart shopper (oh this one makes me smile & laugh)



34. You are a great mom







Oh what a sweet child Alyssa is!! Some of those sweet things she said about me I cringe, because I know I fail, or simply I know they aren't true. But just as she extended such a gracious letter to me on my birthday, God also gives us Grace daily, and I'm SO thankful for that. Thank you Alyssa for such a sweet (& convicting) home made card.









I didn't see Ashley all day...she leaves for school just after 7 am and today didn't get home til about 9 pm. High school soccer...whew! At least I got a quick picture with the girl.









Matt really made my birthday so special. The patience he has with me is amazing. Thanks honey. I love you.

1 comment:

The Wilde Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend, I love you much!!! Sounds like your special day was really blessed and Remy is such a great friend to get you such a wonderful gift :) I love Alyssa's card and the 34 sweet things she said. You're a great mama & friend, Happy Birthday!!!