Here we go...
See this guy on the right? My goal was to keep up with him. I named him Roger. After the first mile I stopped to tie my shoe really quick (less than 10 seconds) and he got ahead of me. After mile 3 I caught up to him and passed him. He was my pace maker.
Ohhhh....crossing this bridge is the worst. It's up hill, and you're close but still so far away.
Finally...almost there. Another hill...ugh.
Running into the stadium is SO cool. It's my favorite part because then I'm done.
We carpooled with Liz & Matt, Matt's friend from work. Yep, they all don't have red faces like I do. I think they waited for me for almost 10 minutes.
4 comments:
OMG Krisi!!! I just looked at your blog and saw your pictures...first of all, congrats on your run and second, you ran with my very good friend Liz!!! She is my running guru, and we ran our first marathon together! What a small world! Looks like you all had lots of fun!
I know!!! She was wearing a tank from the boot camp that I knew you went to...so I asked her if she knew Tracy Jaffie. LOL - um, yeah!!! She smoked me (& my husband) :) If you girls ever need a sub I MIGHT be able to do it. I about died with 4 miles but at least I didn't stop! ;) I hear you're doing the dirty 6, sounds FUN!!!
I love that you named the guy Roger.
Yay GO Matt & Kristi!! I wished we lived near you guys or actually that you guys lived here us (AZ is WAY too Hot, haha) so we could go jogging together. Glad guys are always running for a great cause :)
Post a Comment