KK Christmas Party


I look forward to the annual Kingdom Kids Christmas party every year. KK is the childcare that our church provides, and once a year our 'bosses' treat us to a fun evening of fellowship. I picked up Marsha so we could drive together.

Time for a little photo shoot...

A few of us ladies...

Me, Marsha, Stacey, Jennifer, & Brenda




Marsha, Stacey, & I - the former night crew :)

The desert table, oh how I love this table. A lot. Melinda did a fabulous job making all these tasty treats, and my favorite was the toffee bar.


A big thank you to Kathy, Trish, Karen, & Melinda for putting this on for us. It always is so fun.


Kathy telling us about the new games this year...


There were 5 tables with about 6 people at each table with a box underneath the table. Our group challenge was to make up a story about a Christmas tree using all the things in the box and present the story in about 15 minutes.


Wrapping up Brenda - she was also the narrator.


Wrapping up Marsha.

Here is our group...we are all different Christmas trees.

Marsha - the wild tree


Me - the sporty tree

Ruth - the glamorous tree

Erika - the boring tree


Brenda - the gypsy tree


Shawna - the humble, meek, & mild tree...

Shawna's tree was the only tree that could be used as the cross, as it represented the tree most like Jesus.

Ta-da...we finished our performance. Now it's the other groups turn.


This story was so funny! ~ Something about cheerleading...



Marge, looking fabulous as always!

The teenagers...always full of laughs. Guess who won?!
.
We did!!! And we each won a $20.00 gift card - oh yeah. Sigh...I love Christmas parties.

The last group challenge was to make a nativity scene out of play-doh...we have Mary & Joseph, baby Jesus, the 3 wise men, a few animals, 2 angels, some stars and the moon. Not bad...I think we were close to winning again. Needless to say, it was a great evening of fellowship, fun, and games. I know I always look forward to this party every year. (This is my 11th year working in Kingdom Kids) and I love it. Working with all these wonderful ladies has blessed my life in so many ways. A huge thank you goes out to Kathy, Melinda, Trish, & Karen (& Neil for the always great devotion) for making this evening so special for all of us. I can't wait til next year already.

3 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

What a fun party! Looks like you're off to a great start enjoying the holidays! :)

The Wilde Family said...

How special and what a fun group of ladies! Looks like you girls had a great time and I'm sure the food was good :) I'm going to our Christmas brunch this saturday, should be fun.

xo

The Parsons' blog said...

word to the sporty tree and word to the $20 gift card! Nice. Looks like a fun party!!