Mia's 59th blood transfusion


Sisters are awesome, especially when they come to the hospital with you and it's summer time, when they could have chosen to totally sleep in. After the usual starbucks, we made it to the hospital just after 7:00 am. What an eventful day.

# 59


Meet Miss Amanda ~


Um, can I have Miss Amanda's job? I'm sure Alyssa will when she gets older. Miss Amanda is a child life specialist, it's her job to help make kids feel comfortable and offer 'distractions' when they are at the hospital all day or heading into surgeries. She was a former art teacher before she came to Cardon Children's...oh Alyssa, I am SO glad you came today. I can just see her doing this and helping kids feel better.



They crafted up some cool stuff using Starch, paint, and paper...making homemade cards.


Then it was time for some games...this one is called flying



Thanks Miss Amanda, you made the day go by faster and it was definitely more fun. Plus, you have a mini you (Alyssa) in the making.

The music stories ~


WHERE is the video camera when you need it?! Dr. 'Happenin' came by for a quick visit, he is always so funny, but combine that with a music story...and it's hilarious! Miss Becky, and her new assistant came by for music therapy. They had to tell a story to the music they made using instruments...










It ended with Dr. Happenin playing a song...too funny. We ended the afternoon with a trip to the frozen yogurt machine in the cafeteria. Yum.

2 comments:

Mikele said...

I love that you are documenting this for her - and in such a loving and positive way.

The Wilde Family said...

Yeah for sisters and a great mama, and Starbucks of course. That miss Amanda seems really cool and I bet she loves her job, making those sweet kids smile. Mr. Happenin' seems cool too. If there's a tamborine and geetar, I'm there :)