A 24 hour date...

...to the Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa - without kids. As Matt called it, it was a 'stay-cation.'

The view from our room on the 4th floor.

The first thing we did was head to the pool. It was about 112 degrees and humid...but that didn't stop us from having a great time.


Matt noticed some kids throwing the football around...he couldn't help it. He joined in, and it was fun for him because they were all boys.






We stayed pool side for at least 4 hours...ahhh, relaxing. Then we got dressed for a late dinner.


We had dinner at Ling & Louie's, an Asian Bistro which I though was really good. After that we headed back for one more dip in the pool...at night. Actually I just watched Matt, I'll admit I was really tired, and I'm not used to staying up late. I don't know how people do it.



The next day...
Ahhhhh, a nice fresh brewed cup of starbucks coffee to start the day.





The resort has some interesting paintings and decorations...


We had a very nice breakfast at Kosin in the resort. I'll admit it, I had some smoked apple pancakes (carbs) which I haven't had in so long, but it was so tasty! It was nice to be able to sit and talk without kids interrupting every few minutes. Then we headed out to the pool one last time before checking out.

Matt at the top of the slide.






We sure had a great 24 hour date. Thanks to my mom for watching the girls. It was a much needed time to relax and renew, and get burnt playing in the pool.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe how hot it is there...my mom is up here escaping from the heat. Glad you guys had fun!

The Guyser Family said...

Jealous!!!!! :) So much fun!

Mikele said...

Very nice! A getaway without kids is always a sweet break.

The Wilde Family said...

I love it!! I am so glad that you both got a Stay-cation, how cool is that?! The resort and pool look great and date nights ROCK!!! Ryan and I are starting to do that more and we love it. It's too hard to have a real conversation with little ones & enjoy each other.

Love ya!!

The Wilde Family said...

BTW, I love your little black dress. Where'd you get it? You look great and totally in shape too. So proud of how hard you've been working out. The carbs thing, you really have to cut back?

The McPoland Family said...

Awwww, thanks Chrissy!! Yes, NO on the carbs, and added sugar. It's so hard, after 4, it's the only way to get it off!!! Um, hello, YOU don't need to do that :) The dress was on clearance (of course!) at Macy's!!