My mom's church DPC hosted a blood drive especially in honor of our little Miss Mia. What a huge turn out, thanks to facebook. There were 36 people signed up, and quite a few people dropped in, but it was so busy and a little bit of a wait...so next time we are hoping to open it up so more people can donate. My mom and I sat at the table as people signed in, and Mia floated around saying hi and thank you to everyone - when she wasn't busy catching lady bugs.
This is my neighbor and bootcamp buddy Terri...she sigend up to donate even though they are headed on a huge trip for two weeks.
Mia standing next to Kathy...whom I love dearly and is my bible study leader, and my neighbor Terri. Thanks ladies!
HEre are a few of the DPC peeps waiting their turn to donate...
Bob in the question booth...he was so disapointed he wasn't able to donate this time, but he will be able to next time, I'm sure. Thanks for coming out Bob! I hope Faythe will be able to come watch next time too.
Mia taking a break for an ice cream treat...
Ohhhh, I just love them. Mr Bob & Miss Christine - Mia's extra special nurse. They brought a special friend, Fitz who was a huge hit with all the kids.
Dylan & Mia - Both have Diamond Blackfan Anemia - and both are just adorable. It was great to meet his family for the first time, and they came over to donate for Mia. Awwww.
This is my bootcamp friend Carol...seriously, how sweet of you to come donate!
Susan and Mia...my friend from church. So, hmmmmm....we'll have to get Eric in their next time. Thank you so much Susan!
Sam & Mia hanging out while Lauren donates. I love this gal...talk about the most genuine and sweetest friend. When they were about to poke Lauren with the needle, Mia said, 'Just breathe, just breathe, that's what I do.' Awww...Mia you are so brave.
I had to get a picture of this group...they were so cute and had to wait for a long time, but they were awesome. Mia loved seeing everyone there so they could hang out.
Thanks you guys...Crew, you are so cute and I'm loving the hair!

Bootcamp friends Terri (aka T-Smith) & Carol - Thanks girls for kicking some butt at the blood drive!
The Graham's
Steve & Matt - Hmmmm...they look they are up to no good. I think there may have been a cookie bandit somewhere. Steve is a pilot and couldn't donate since he had a flight the next morning, and you can't donate within 24 hours...but he came, and waited forever.
Steve's son Troy took his spot...first time blood donor here AND he did power red. Wow, impressive...you have to be a certain height and weight to do power red. It's a really interesting process to watch...they machine to his left is separating the res blood cells from the plasma. So he is donating 2 units of pur red blood cells instead of 1 unit of whole blood. They put back the plasma which is the clearish yellow bag back into him, and he leaves more hydrated than when he came in. It takes longer but it's 2 units. (Oh I love this stuff...nursing school here I come!) Just like Troy's shirt says, he's a superman donor!
Karen Graham and Mia - Karen has watche dMia grow up since before she could walk. Her daughter Tatum and Ashley were on the same soccer team...coached by Matt...and now look at Mia. She's just growing up...we are so blessed to have the Graham's in our lives.

Alison and her daughter Millay - LOVE them! Ali is so sweet...and was more than willing to donate. She tried to get her hubby Brad in, but we'll get him next time.
Millay and Mia found a lady bug and they named her Tina.
The day Mia donates blood will seriously be a miracle...!
Mia and Terri - Awwww, Terri...I love you. You are always there for us...Hopekids walk etc. What a true friend you are...see ya at bootcamp! :)
August - a soccer dad who likes to run. We really should call him Mr. Ragner :) He said, no don't take my picture - whoops! CLICK!!! And to top it all off, it was his birthday weekend and look what he's doing, donating blood. Thanks August.
Gotta love DAD donating power red...yeah baby! I love you honey, you are the best dad and husband ever. I know you would do anything in the world for our little Mia.
My dear sweet friend Andrea and her daughter Isabella...selfishly I'm sad that Andrea might be moving to Chicago, but whatever God has planned for her and her family will be good. Thanks Andrea for taking the time to donate!
Oh these girls were cracking me up...they were 'working' the blood drive.
Awww, I LOVE this picture...Ginger, another bootcamp friend, got the last time slot to donate blood, and she was super nervous. However, she did great...and Mia was there to watch. Thank you Ginger!
I just want to thank everyone who was involved with coordinating this blood drive (My mom and Denise!) and to DPC for hosting it...as you have such a great location close to all our friends and family and a very special
THANK YOU
to everyone who donated blood for Mia...It takes time, energy, and thoughtfulness to donate blood for someone, and you don't get anything in return. Mia thanks you as well since she knows how important it is to her life that you donate. Our family appreciates it more than you know. I prayed that God would bless this blood drive, and He did.
2 comments:
How sweet, so glad the day was a success! BTW, you look great and how come you don't have any wrinkles with 4 kids and all that is going on in your life??? I'm so jealous! :)
I'm finally catching up on blogs...I am SO behind! Kristi, I'm totally teary eyed after reading this. Mia is so special and what an amazing thing to have all those people donating for her. Amazing... :)
Post a Comment