Mia's 57th blood transfusion


Today was an adventure. After getting the usual from Starbucks - (1 kids iced chocolate milk w/ half the chocolate and lots of whipped cream and 1 grande nonfat 2 pump mocha) we made it to the hospital just after 7:00 am. We went to the 6th floor today, instead of the 2nd floor where POTC usually is. Apparantly there was a flood due to a burst pipe, so we had to be moved.

Mia thought this was great...and it was pretty cool.


Time to get the IV going...what a trooper.


Andrea's closet


Mia picking out yet another special toy after getting a poke.



Oh good, another doll - because we don't have enough of those in a house with 4 girls.


Mia's photo shoot

I asked Miss Toni, Mia's nurse for the day if we could borrow her beautiful flower for Mia's pictures which I'm sure was made by another nurse, Miss Natalie. (Or Miss Jill!)












Time to go for a walk...


Mia looking in the teen room. This is where she came to paint tiles with Miss Christine and Camp Soaring Eagle last month. What a good memory Miss Mia has, she remembered being there.







We started beeping on our walk...so Miss Toni and Miss Christine to the rescue! I could really get used to the 6th floor. It was great. Thanks to all the nurses who take care of us today. We appreciate you so much! On the way home in the car, Mia said...'Mom, this O+ blood really makes me tired.' She cracks me up...

3 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

Glad to hear #57 went well. It's just unbelievable how much she (and your family) has gone through... I love her drink order, so cute! :)

Mikele said...

I think that a great hair flower will just about perk up any day.

Hegarty Family said...

Woot, woot! Another one in the books. Looking forward to Sunday!