Mia's 52nd Blood Transfusion



Look what was waiting for us when we arrived at the hospital for Mia's 52nd transfusion...homemade (frosting too!) cupcakes...made especially by Miss Christine! What service this place has...oh if you were wondering why this was left on Mia's bed, it's because it's my birthday tomorrow. We were supposed to be celebrating Nicole's birthday too (Layla's mom) but I think she is in California???



This was one of the funniest IV starts I have ever seen...thank goodness for Taylor Swift and ipods - we need to do this EVERY time. Mia sang a song thru the whole poke and never stopped singing, only tell Miss Shellee, 'no, that's not how the song goes.' LOL! Like nothing ever happened...


# 52...the day was good, Mia had 2 units of A +, well only about half of the second unit, and we did do the desferral again. She will be starting a drug called Reglan, which in some people (only like 2 and in Turkey - the country) it has cured their DBA. We'll see about that...time will tell. Mia said it was boring without Layla. Here, here!




Time to pick out a toy...


We love Miss Nancy...and all the wonderful POTC staff at Cardon's.

1 comment:

The Wilde Family said...

How nice of Ms.Christine to make cupcakes, that's my kinda girl :) tell Mia she is super brave and I can't believe it's her 52nd tx. Praying that the Reglan works. Isn't that drug for GI issues?? When I worked in the GI dept we use to give that to our patient's but I don't really know why and how it effects each individual.
Happy birthday Kristi. Can't wait to see a post on what you did. Wish i could be in Az to take you out for coffee, lunch, desert, and then one of those free carriage rides.

Love you!!
Christina