A McPoland's Christmas


Christmas Eve...was spent at our house decorating Christmas cookies with Grandma. This has become a tradition that the girls look forward to every year. Matt and I like it too since we give our neighbor's plates of cookies.

Yum!

My mom and Matt's parents came over for Christmas Eve. My mom brought the goodies below and Pam brought a honey baked ham....oh the food was tasty.

The table was set with flowers from our neighbor's...

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11
A Christmas Eve tradition...the girls get to open one present.


Santa REALLY came to our house...

Mia saw Santa first...

Madison wasn't so sure about Santa...but after watching her sister she saw that it was safe. Her little face is so precious...


Good job Madison...it was her first year without crying, what a big girl!
Alyssa didn't know what she wanted for Christmas...she was pleasantly surprised.


Hmmm....this face looks like she knows she's been naughty...

But Santa assured her there would be a gift under the tree for her.
“For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”- Isaiah 9:6
CHRISTmas Morning...
The twinkling tree, stuffed stockings, and gifts...



This picture cracks me up...because this is how the morning went...everyone doing their own thing. We tried to open gifts one at a time, but maybe next year.

Grandma helped Madison open some presents...

She was overwhelmed and didn't know what to look at first. - So cute!

Wow, Ashley got a camera...future blogger perhaps? Oh hey Ashley, can I borrow your camera?
A second Christmas - at Grannie's house
Our turn to open presents...
Finally...Grannie's turn to open her gifts.




Another English tradition is to do Christmas crackers...
An English dinner with lots of vegetables...and the filet mignon was excellent, especailly since the recipe was from the Pioneer Woman - (who Sara Parsons loves!)
We ended the evening with some dessert...cheesake with cherries, yum! What a blessing it was to spend Christmas with our families...we are truly blessed beyond measure. Thank you God that we are able to celebrate Christmas, YOU are a true gift.

4 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

What a wonderful McPoland Christmas!! I love that Matt is Santa every year, what a great tradition. BTW, what is the secret to getting the sugar cookies to be their correct size? Mine came out gigantic, lol.
I love the girls stockings too :)

The Parsons' blog said...

What a sweet Christmas, Kristi! What did Santa bring you??? I'm glad your Christmas was great and I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!! XX

The Guyser Family said...

Merry Christmas!!! I love the Christmas tradition of making and decorating cookies. So fun!!! Great Santa pics.

Chalene said...

This is such a heart warming blog! I love the pictures of the girls - so sweet! Tell Ashley I said she is turning into such a beautiful young lady.