Blood Drive, Commercial, and TV


So many things have been going on lately...I donated blood in honor of Mia...while she watched. I started a facebook page called: Mia's Marrow because so many things have been going on with her lately. That way I can get the word out about how important it is to donate blood. For years, I've always wanted to start something called Mia's Marrow, so this is the perfect opportunity.


My sweet friend Ginger who always donates for my sweet girl. Thank you!

This just warms my heart...Mia's nurse Miss Christine hasn't been able to donate in years because of low iron. But she was determined and tried anyways...she passed and was able to donate!! YAY! So did her husband Bob - or 'Sponge Bob' as we call him. How many times in your life does your nurse donate blood in honor of you?? So special. (They share the same birthday :)


Being silly...a merry heart is good medicine!!


Mia's Commercial at Berge Mazda Volkswagen


So it was way too hot to film outside...plus the traffic was really noisy so we were able to go inside. Thank goodness!!


She stood in front of this awesome red bug...(she wants a red beetle when she's older! haha!)


Oh my goodness these guys from UBS were so patient with Mia...if we had a bloopers reel it would be hilarious!!! She did great saying her lines though. It was fun.


Pretending to be a singer rocking out.



Watching the video...to funny.



They let Mia ring the gong and dropped confetti for her...since she did amazing.



Here's the car that a lucky blood donor will win...simply by donating blood between the months of June-August 31st...SWEET!!! It's a 2014 VW Passat.



We are hoping that Mia telling her story will inspire people to donate blood. I'm sure it will, she inspires me to donate blood...but then I'm her mom. I would do anything for her to help keep her alive. What I love about donating blood, is that if it doesn't go to her, it will go to someone who needs it to stay alive. The gift of life.




2014 Drive Away a Hero Campaign PSA from United Blood Services on Vimeo.

2014 July Saving Arizona Blood Drive PSA from United Blood Services on Vimeo.

The Morning Scramble - AZTV


Watch and listen Mia explain about herself and why she needs blood transfusions.
( CLICK HERE if the video above doesn't work or isn't loaded.)


Mia was interviewed by Pat McMahon on the Morning Scramble, to help launch the United Blood services summer campaign. This poor sweet girl had really low blood counts, and was in need of a transfusion the very next day...but she rocked it anyways. She had the help of Sue Thew the PR from UBS, and Steve the GM of Berge Volkswagen to help her!


Getting ready...


During the interview...I love this pic because there's a pic of her on the TV holding a thank you sign...



Then she taped a PSA to run throughout the summer...she loved reading off the teleprompter. She might have a future career for sure!


She really wanted to watch the play back. Too cute.



Good job Mia, you look like a pro.


Oh yeah...she can hang with the news peeps.


We celebrated with Starbucks because Mia rocked it!!!

No comments: