We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am to check in for Mia's port placement. I know I was definitely more nervous than she was. But Mia has thought about getting a portocath for a few months now and finally decide to just do it. She wore my boxing gloves all the way from home...and had the mentality of 'Lets do this.' Matt came right after us and brought the nervous mom a Starbucks. Thanks Honey!
Waiting with Lancaster, her little pillow pet she's had for a very long time. He always comes to the hospital with us.
I LOVE this...Miss Christine came up from POTC on the first floor, to the 2nd floor where Pediatric Surgery is, to start her last IV...no more pokes! And of course, it went great!!!
Mia said, peace out Mom & Dad...and they wheeled her back.
I stopped by the Prayer room and wrote down a prayer in the prayer book.
What ever you are going through, it's awesome to know that God hears our prayers. So lift them up! I know I had tons of people praying for her.
Mia's # on my wrist band was #4886 - Patient in Operating Room.
Aww right when she was waking up, I could go back to see her.
They needed to get an X-ray for their records...
Pretty cool...amazing.
She was in some pain so they gave her some pain mends and she fell asleep for another hour. I was happy to wait for her.
Of course we HAD to stop by POTC ... we love these ladies so very much!
Home finally at about noon...all cozied up and ready to watch movies with mom.
Our sweet friends the Potts brought us a meal for dinner which was delicious. We are so blessed to have friends serving us and praying for us. We could never say thank you enough. And thankfully her surgery is over with, I'm just praying there will be no problems with the actual port. We are blessed.















No comments:
Post a Comment