....blood drive going on at Mercy Gilbert Hospital. We wanted to say 'thank you' to all the people donating blood, because as Mia knows, it saves lives. She was watching all the people that she doesn't know, and whispered to me...'Mom, that's so nice of them. We don't even know them.' Aww, she truly appreciated it.
I donated blood too while I was there. I hope Mia knows that her mom (& dad!) would do anything for her, including donating our own blood for her!
Here we are with some wonderful ladies who work for UBS. June was checking every body in and making sure everything was ok, while Kim did the interviews. We love Kim, we always see her around town at various blood drives! Thanks Kim for always being so welcoming and supportive to our family.
Brian, our friend from church, actually works in the lab at the hospital, so he took Mia on a tour of the lab where they test and process the blood. Honestly, I was more interested than Mia. She was busy playing with Madison and Brian's son Skylar. Haha...but it was awesome! Thanks Brian!
____________________________________
We went to the Healing garden where there's a water fountain and a really neat tree. People engrave their loved ones names if they pass away on the leaves of this tree. It's a neat way to remember them.
Amen to this! Here's to HOPE. Hope is the best medicine around!
1 comment:
What a great post, Kristi - and wonderful pictures too. You're such a good example for your children!
Post a Comment