I got the chance to go to Seattle to visit my dad for 8 days. It was such a blessing in so many ways. As most of you know, he was diagnosed with cancer last June. It's been really rough on him and the family, but God has used his illness and suffering to grow us all closer to Himself (especially my dad). I also got a chance to reconnect with my Seattle family, including my sisters, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends.
Watching the Huskies basketball team win the PAC 10 tourney my first night there...against Arizona!


The Graue boys played me in a little horse...and beat me! They are sharpshooters. We finished our games off with lowering the hoop for a dunk contest.

It was a pleasant surprise when my dad came out to shoot with us. Thanks for shooting hoops with us dad. Since the cancer has wiped out most of his energy, he got too tired after a few minutes. I tell you what, I will always cherish that sliver of time spent with him on the court.

The original Dennis McPoland family - 2011

Dennis McPoland with the grandson's.

I must admit that I played some serious Xbox with my nephews...mostly Madden 11 and NBA Live. I was unstoppable in Madden...not so much in NBA.

Ryan and I strategizing our NCAA tourney pools.

Talking life with grandpa...aka "dad" to me.

OK - The tickle monster came out to play with the younger nephews. They were overpowered and totally caught by surprise. This moment was fun for me, I already knew that my girls like the monster so it was cool to see that the nephews enjoyed him, too. :-)

I finished off the trip with a family reunion with my dad's siblings, their kids, and their kids families. I remember all the holidays playing with my cousins...it was GREAT to see them all again. We're all a bit older, but still love and care for each other. They all absolutely love my dad especially, I'm really glad he got to see the family again, too.

The original Dennis McPoland family - 2011

Dennis McPoland with the grandson's.

I must admit that I played some serious Xbox with my nephews...mostly Madden 11 and NBA Live. I was unstoppable in Madden...not so much in NBA.

Ryan and I strategizing our NCAA tourney pools.

Talking life with grandpa...aka "dad" to me.

OK - The tickle monster came out to play with the younger nephews. They were overpowered and totally caught by surprise. This moment was fun for me, I already knew that my girls like the monster so it was cool to see that the nephews enjoyed him, too. :-)
I finished off Ryan with the excruciatingly ticklish thigh/hamstring tickle.

I finished off the trip with a family reunion with my dad's siblings, their kids, and their kids families. I remember all the holidays playing with my cousins...it was GREAT to see them all again. We're all a bit older, but still love and care for each other. They all absolutely love my dad especially, I'm really glad he got to see the family again, too.
This is my first blog post ever...posted by: Matt (more pictures to come)


4 comments:
Way to go, Matt! You're a natural blogger, and I hope to read more future posts! Here's a shout out to your photographer, too - catching many memorable moments at precisely the right time. Great job documenting your trip and the love & admiration you have for your dad (and extended family).
I love this post, it always makes me smile and brings tears to my eyes.
Thanks for the comments all! Maybe I'll do another blog sometime...
Matt
Matt, I'm so happy that you got to spend time with your family and you got to reconnect. Looks like everyone had fun and you got some good guy time with the nephews. Keep us posted on how he's doing.
Much love,
the Wildes
Post a Comment